View Full Version : SandSled

Backbeach Jake
10-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Get a week off during the Fall Run and guess who's sand sled blows both rear wheel cyclinders. So instead of fishing tomorrow I'll be taking the old s-box apart. :smash: :smash:

BigFish
10-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Lemme guess.....mmmmmmm......:think: YOU?:D Bummer BBJ but there are no fish anyway so relax and have fun with it!:smash: :smash: :smash:

;)

Backbeach Jake
10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
I really don't mind so much, at least I have time to fix it and I'm glad that when the brakes went I didn't hit anything or anyone. Just crap luck, gotta roll with it. Worse things have happened.

BigFish
10-12-2004, 02:16 PM
There are no fish anyway BBJ....none, zero, nada, zilch, zippo, doughnut! If I get one more skunk I am gonna lose my mind!:smash:

Ja get the beast back on the road yet?:confused:

Backbeach Jake
10-12-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm hoping by tomorrow afternoon. Gonna start shortly. Went home to pick up wifey and get parts. Just got back.

Backbeach Jake
10-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Started with the worst side, it was dripping brake fluid! Thank the Power that is that the lines weren't all rusted up(it is an '89) Went really smoothly despite working in the backyard on the ground. I expected a keniption fest climaxing in speaking in tongues for all the neighbors to hear. I must be gettin' old.....

bassmaster
10-12-2004, 10:31 PM
im old:smash: yup vaction is break down time, been there this year:smash:

Karl F
10-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Anybody ever just crimp and clamp off the line and just drive around for a couple of weeks on just the front brakes? :o

vise grips, thank U whoever invented them....

Backbeach Jake
10-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Years ago I did the pinch it off thing. When I finally got around to fixing it , I had to replace the brakeline too. Easier just to do it right the first time. Cheaper too. 2 wheel cylinders, 2cans of brake cleaner, and a quart of brake fluid was 31 bucks. 2 hours later I was done. But the rust gods pitied me, and I thank them.

Flaptail
10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
BBJ, I will be out Saturday night. If you don't have the sled workin' give me a pm I will pick you up in T-Town. Not many nights left don't waste 'em. Flap;)

Backbeach Jake
10-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the offer, all fixed now. Maybe see you out there! Thanks again.