cheferson
10-17-2004, 05:57 AM
So howd we do???

ThrowingTimber
10-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Rizzo Kixor'd our butts :D

RIJIMMY
10-17-2004, 10:53 AM
I got nothin worth weighin. Toonoc was going to weigh in a decent fish.
Was Rizzo fishin for s-b.com?

It was tough fishin, Im worn out.
How did others do?

Bill L
10-17-2004, 11:13 AM
My fish was only 16-1/2#, I thought it was better than that :(
Rwilhelm and Basic Patrick also weighed in fish in the teens, not sure how the other guys did....

Rizzos fish and another 30 something I think went to Pioneer Valley, which should be a slam dunk for them, congrats :cheers:

It was fun fishing though, and it looks like we've finally got some bigger fish around which is good :D

RIJimmy, check your PMs :smash:

JohnR
10-17-2004, 12:10 PM
We came in fith place. Weight shown is a total of the top 3 bass and top 3 blues

1) Pioneer - 100 something pounds

2) RIMS - once again the bridesmaid :hihi: :rotfl: ( Just effin with ya) - 90 something pounds

3) Weekapaug - high seventys

4) Connecticut Surfcasters - 59 pounds

5) S-B - 55 pounds

6) RISAA - 30? 40?

7) MBBA - under 20 pounds

8) MSBA (but not sure if they fielded anyone at all as they extremly little notification)

9) some other club that couldn't show or didn't weigh in

Seriously, this went to a great cause. They have been running this charity tournament for decades and it really impresses me how the competition, the comaraderie, and general compassion for a charity mix well with snotty weather, wader rash, and lack of sleep to make a great weekend.

There was a little less on the raffle table than in past years but a couple reels were donated and a few plugs. S-B pitched in with a few Gibbs plugs: 2.5 Polaris, 3.5 Darter, 3 oz Pencil, Superstrike Popper, and a Gags Slammer (almost half the raffle table).

I want to thank all of you that fished for team S-B this weekend. For pitching in for our last minute cookout (a particular much maligned Western Sri-Lankan Peanut Stew had me http://www.striped-bass.com/StriperTalk/images/smilies/fart.gif ing all night :laughs: - but it was good ). But it was great to meet you Spring and Zac, and to see the usual cast of misfits over the beach yesterday - Again, my humble thanks!

Looking forward to next year and I'm even considering renting a house for 2 weeks (for short money for those interested) so we have a place to crash for the S-B leg and the MDA tourney for our anglers.

Thanks Again :btu: and I'm proud to fish with you guys!

(Goosefish is already on next years list to represent us :hihi: )

goosefish
10-17-2004, 12:15 PM
I had a good weekend of fishing with Lapinski, eben, and strider. In hindsight I should have entered the event: three fish in the twenties would have helped S-B.

In the end we had about 10 keepers, with a lot of fish lost in the heave as we went to land them.

FWW---broke reel in. I'II buy it:)

Nebe
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Goosefish you are truely an amimal...... a 120 lb animal! :laughs:

One day I will out fish you....:smash:

cheferson
10-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Had a 17lber , but she never got to the weigh in, wouldnt have helped anyway.

Peter Lajoie
10-17-2004, 02:12 PM
I fished with Rizzo and his dad, between the three of us we got all those fish.....Rizzos bass went 36 or 37 pounds, I had a high teen bass and a 12 pound blue, Pauls dad had some nice bass and blues tooo..The three of us fished really hard and ended up doing really well.....I am pretty stoked we won....Great compeition out there tooo...I took a few pics of rizzos bass I will try to post it tommorow...:cheers: :claps:

cheferson
10-17-2004, 02:19 PM
WHat did he catch them on?

Peter Lajoie
10-17-2004, 02:30 PM
All the fish the fish that we weighed in came from Eels,needles,mambos.

zacs
10-17-2004, 02:37 PM
I fished until I got scared off by the t-storms. 18 sb 24"-26". Sucked to not weigh in, but it was good to have steady fishing.

Then I went out this morning for one last attempt. 4AM-8AM working from the pier to PJ with nothing to show. I was bummed that I didn't weigh in a single GD fish so I went home and went back to bed.

It was good to meet everyone.

_Z_

bloocrab
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Sure was a little windy out there . . Not much happened on the end of my line though ... .. .caught last light as the wind was winding up....VERY unproductive.... then the thunderstorm had me watching the sox :af: :af: ...then I headed back out for my own beating -

Could've find ANY baitfish - :( -

redcrbbr
10-17-2004, 08:29 PM
another year with the only contribution from me a pkg of linguica dogs for the grill. teamed up with throwing timber and the only thing i caught last nite was a plug bag that someone had forgotten at the short wall. they did come back and i returned it to them. a thanks or a plug would have been nice.
all i managed for the weekend was a twinkie that and getting soaked to the bone early sat morn.
mental note....aquaskinz for xmas

ThrowingTimber
10-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Managed 9 bass this am and 2 ratbastardhellspawngawddamnbluefish for our weigh in :( Neighbors happy though :happy:

BasicPatrick
10-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Fished hard all night Fri til Sat aM

got 19 fish, 7of which were keepers...weighed 2 for the Web Team...both on the small side 11+ & 12+ pounds each

my mom getts the filets tomorrow so they went for a good cause

RIJIMMY
10-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Saturday am was hard fishing. I'm worn out. The wind and waves beat the heck out of me. I should have worn some warmer clothes, my hands weer number and I was freezing, I thought the conditions were going to be ideal for a big push of fish. I was never able to find any bait in the water and never found any quantities of fish.
One thing that amazes me is all the fishable water in RI. There were all those clubs and guys fishing and I barely saw anyone in my normal haunts. Toonoc and RWilhelm were the only guys at one spot and a few other spots were completely empty.

zacs
10-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Same here. My spot where I was catching on Saturday night was empty. PJ had people, though not many.

RIROCKHOUND
10-18-2004, 09:13 AM
Tough fishing this weekend, bagged Fri night for cookie jar restocking; fished 7-3a on Sat (in between thunderstorms) Not much to show for it...
Last night... slow, one about 12, that was it...

And Ebven, give Goosefish some credit he has to go a buck-thirty, 135 easy.... :D :D :D :D

goosefish
10-18-2004, 03:12 PM
188 pounds stark naked.

RIROCKHOUND
10-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Thats not a mental image I want John :D...

Jamie M
10-18-2004, 03:15 PM
I fished from 8 PM Sat night until 6 AM Sunday, with one short and a rat blue for my efforts. Congrat's to all who outfished me. Next year I'll contribute more to the cause!