View Full Version : How I Spent My Monday Morning!

BigFish
10-18-2004, 03:36 PM
I had just driven on the Race about 8:30 am and all I could see were birds working everywhere!:D So I pull over and start casting to the busting bluefish......they were everywhere! Caught about a half- dozen and a small bass and figured I would head up toward Hatches Harbor and have a look. Just about the lighthouse, with the wind blowing...southwest I believe? The surf looked mighty fishy with the incoming tide and the wind blown waves, so I pull over again and figure I would give one of my own plugs a workout! I start throwing a schoolbus yellow, surf howdy knockoff that I made and man....they were all over it!:happy: Schoolie bass mostly and some blues just crushing that plug! (If you get a chance to get one of Bernzys Surf Howdy plugs....DO IT!) The best part was as the plug was swimming through the rolling waves with the sun shining through them.....you could see 4 or 5 bass at a time giving chase to the plug in the waves and then opening up and hitting the plug!!!:eek: It was just a beautiful morning all around.....sunny, warm and the water was like bath water it was so warm! My arms are hanging off from all the fish I caught on that plug.....it has mucho character now! (caught about 30 bass and 10 blues on it!) Also caught some on my own pencil poppers....and Moosenuckle and Sea-Monkey were there and Moosenuckle was beaching fish, bass and blues on a pencil popper I had given him!:D Nice to see your wood get a workout!:btu: Great way to spend the day!

Moose Nuckle
10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
I know I had fun !!! We will have to do that again some time.....
Do you think Fat-Fish is a good name for me? Your plug worked very well!! I'm glad you were there to see it. GREAT JOB ON THE PLUG !!!!!!!:D

Christian
10-18-2004, 06:12 PM
AWSOME! :)

i was at school:read: :yak:

Codfather4
10-18-2004, 06:40 PM
me too:crying:

justplugit
10-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
(If you get a chance to get one of Bernzys Surf Howdy plugs....DO IT!) The best part was as the plug was swimming through the rolling waves with the sun shining through them.....you could see 4 or 5 bass at a time giving chase to the plug in the waves and then opening up and hitting the plug!!!:eek:

Ya BF,now thats fishin:btu: Surf Howdy:hihi::D

afterhours
10-19-2004, 07:03 AM
:)

reelecstasy
10-19-2004, 07:36 AM
:kewl:

Flaptail
10-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Figures. I was there in the Saturday night on the beginning of the incoming. Wind was S/W at 30 +/- and the sea was up. Dropped one and got one. Nothing to write home about. Left there headed down to the Whales Head and popped about 20 fish from 24 inches to 10 to 12 pounds then, all bass and whamo the T-storm blows through and after a 1/2 hour in the truck watching lightning bolts come down all arounds us plus the listening to the Sox get blown out, it stops raining and we get out and only get 4 more till dawn. With The temp change and my tires at 10 lbs. ( I like to run the low water when no ones looking, keep it quiet) I get two blown beads within an hour) Thank God for a good bicycle pump and a bottle of Windex, never hit the beach without them. Anyway get off the beach and go to Truro where the wee ones hit Dannys till about 8:30 am. Ended up with about 40 bass, mostly dinks and no Bluefish although Stiffy had a real nice seal on a Gibbs needle but dropped it trying to horse it in. I was ready with the long handled gaff but it wasn't to be. Maybe next time. :D

BigFish
10-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Did he mount the seal Flap?:laughs: I heard you were down there Steve...I bumped into Dave....oh I forget his last name but he said he ran into you coming off "A" beach!;)

Dave Landry is his name!;)

Flaptail
10-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Yeah, that's his name. Nice guy, he got his bass chomped on by a peniped as he was reeling it in. Lost his rig and plug and fish. GD seals! I was North of him and got into a bunch on the "D" plug and Yo Tobi's. Bait was scarce but some washed up. It was juvi pogies around 4 inches long. Did I ever mention I don't like seals?:eek:

BigFish
10-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah Flap....I was down there Sunday night and outside of a short window on the incoming tide....they are everywhere!:smash: