View Full Version : Tattoo, where ARE you???

JohnR
10-04-2001, 08:23 AM
Here ya go bubba: http://128.241.205.103/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=19

Slipknot
10-04-2001, 08:52 AM
He be working now, he'll check in later on.

Saltheart
10-04-2001, 09:33 AM
Nice job John. Good topic for off season. I'm wondering if we should make this more inclusive so all fishing craft stuff could go here like Plug making , fly tying , jig making , pouring plastics maybe even rod building. I don't think we would have enough activity for say jig making to have a seperate forum or Fly tying but we have some of each so putting it all in one place would be good. Plug making is todays hot item but I doubt that after an initial big response , it will be a very slow forum if its exclusively for plug making. Just a thought.

I don't think we should go too nuts on the number of forums. For examle , RI , MA , CT , Maine , etc forums. I think they tend to just take away from the main forum activity and just mean a lot of clicking around to keep up rather than having it mostly on the main page.

However , we may want to have a general non fishing forum to provide a place for general banter etc that is not fishing stuff. This may also take away from the main forum though so we should think about it.

Any thoughts , additions , comments , criticism , wise cracks on this? :)

JohnR
10-04-2001, 10:59 AM
Saltheart - that new forum is open to all plugs/lures/jigs/rubba/ - even if you want build left handed - antireverse ballbearing swivels :rolleyes: - it's all OK in there....

However , we may want to have a general non fishing forum to provide a place for general banter etc that is not fishing stuff. This may also take away from the main forum though so we should think about it.

OK - what should we call it? And who's like to moderate it?

Patrick82
10-04-2001, 02:00 PM
John,

Since a lot of my posts are off topic as it is, I volunteer to run the off topic forum if you'll just trust me. I promise there will not be a single problem. Put me on probation. If there's a problem that I cause or a problem I don't solve to your satisfaction, you can just find another moderator with no hard feelings on my part.

As for a name, "Everything Else" seems to sum up what it's all about. Anything not fishing related goes in there.

I rule with a warm heart but an iron fist.

Slipknot
10-04-2001, 02:35 PM
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/shocked.gif
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/eek5.gif
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/eek5.gif
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/errrr.gif

Tattoo
10-04-2001, 02:38 PM
SaltHeart, I would love to see that mold of those jigs you make.

I "got" some from Slip a while ago and would love to have a mold I could call my own hug and kiss and call George.

Saltheart
10-04-2001, 03:50 PM
Hi Tatoo. I'd like to accomodate you , especially since you've never ask for anything before , BUT.... At this time (and until we can at least break even on the project , we are still in the hole) , we are keeping that under wraps.

We are planning some changes over the winter to make the jigs easier to make and to get rid of the crimp on the tail. If we can do that successfully , we should be able to belt out a couple hundred which when sold would get us back even and at that point I'll be glad to show you the mold. Sorry , best I can do at this time.

Tattoo
10-04-2001, 05:13 PM
Saltheart, does this help?

Two pieces of SS wire twisted together and looped at the end. Hook eye sits in the loop.

I just like to help and pick up a few goodies along the way....:)

CSK
10-04-2001, 05:16 PM
Now what the heck is that for:D :p ;)

CSK

Saltheart
10-04-2001, 06:35 PM
Thats interesting Tatoo. That's the kind I made last year. The core is the tough part on that one. This year we started making the simple hammerhead style with just the trailing hook that slipknot showed you. Guys like it for the canal.

We will be doing something similar with the wire but we are going to stay with the single trailing hook.

Looking closely , it may not be the same. The ones I made had a molded lead ring to tie the skin on. This one looks like it has a metal ring insert. Is that right?

Tattoo
10-05-2001, 09:25 AM
Yup...it's metal.

bassmaster
10-05-2001, 11:13 AM
Im checkin my bag, you better have not swiped that from me

Canalratt1
10-05-2001, 11:24 AM
Tatoo you got me drooling!

bassmaster
10-05-2001, 11:32 AM
ok tattoo, Your off the hook, hay how about them skin jigs in 1 oz for over sand???

Slipknot
10-05-2001, 12:35 PM
I just bought one like that yesterday at Redtop for $2.89

Tattoo
10-05-2001, 01:52 PM
I got that one from Luker on the other site.

I lie Salthearts better....Slip you got any of them :D

Slipknot
10-05-2001, 01:59 PM
:) you took half of them! I got 6 left bubba. I need skins now.

bassmaster
10-05-2001, 02:05 PM
i got skins bubba and 2 of them jigs left

Tattoo
10-05-2001, 02:17 PM
No Slip, I snagged three, and then you GAVE me three, remember?

HEHEHE :)

Whatcha want for the saw?

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 02:29 AM
DUDE.......................YOU MISSED IT...............................

Tattoo
10-06-2001, 06:17 AM
that's it.....yup let me call you right back ok...Sure Bubba......My phone must be BUSTED!

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 08:28 AM
o dave I cant go, bla bla bla.

Tattoo
10-06-2001, 09:23 AM
yeah I tried to tell you Icould but you NEVER called me back...:(

No body loves me

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 09:27 AM
Listen sweetfart, you a fibbin unless ya got dowel