View Full Version : Gloves?

riverrat2
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
What do you guys use for gloves during the fall? Anybody got any suggestions. I am thinking about trying my 5ml gloves that I use for surfing, but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be cool. Oh yeah these will be used in the surf so they will be getting wet.

CANAL RAT
10-23-2004, 06:16 PM
i use glacier gloves they are made out of very thin neoprene lined with fleece. the thumb and fore finger are slit finger to make tying knots easer. these are the ultimate surf fishing gloves

cost about $29

spence
10-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Yep, those are the ones I'm going to get as soon as I find some in my size...I think they're 39 bucks...

-spence

riverrat2
10-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Cool, thanks. Anyone know where you can get em.

spence
10-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Saltwater Edge in Newport, but they didn't have too many pairs last time I checked...

-spence

CANAL RAT
10-23-2004, 07:08 PM
if you cant get the glacier gloves right now get a cheap pair of thin neoprene gloves and cut the fingers off

MikeTLive
10-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I bought a cheap pair of neoprene waterskiing gloves for canoeing. I been using them.
they hold the smell of bait.
for the price I will just replace them in the spring

Pete_G
10-23-2004, 11:03 PM
More Glacier Gloves are on the way, in all sizes. They should arrive before the end of this week.

I still think they are the best glove for what we're doing in the surf. Fleece is nice, but for sensitivity and even more importantly warmth when wet, neoprene with fleece lining is tough to beat.

riverrat2
10-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Are they gunna be up on the site?

PurpelNoon
10-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Do the Glaciers retain water, or dry quickly if they get wet?

CANAL RAT
10-24-2004, 07:54 AM
they repel water but still get wet which is no big deal beacause of the fleece lining fleece keeps you warm even when wet

Pete_G
10-24-2004, 08:52 AM
They'll be on the site hopefully this week. Or you can call on the toll free line 866-SWE-ORDER.

We carry 2 models, one with the fold back thumb and forefinger and the other that is completely water tight, with no fold back fingers.

I like the fold back myself. Being neoprene, it kind of works like a wetsuit if water gets in. I just flip them inside out after fishing if they do get wet.

The other new toy I found is a neoprene pork rind jar holder. It's like the old Hunter Fishing Products one. Just in time for bucktails at the breachways. :D

PurpelNoon
10-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I recently saw someone with what looked like a neoprene pork rind holder and was thinking "nice". I'd like to get one of those too.

BernOC
10-24-2004, 09:29 PM
I use and like glacier gloves but when it's really cold out I'll wear a pair of thin latex gloves under them to keep dry. It's amazing what a difference it can make to keep dry when it's freezing out.

MarkL
10-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Glacier gloves for me too, but the downside is that the slits for the thumb and index finger cut off blood circulation a bit. Your hand can be super warm, but your index and thumber are worse than without.

A fella down at the river :) mentioned the latex gloves as well so that what i'll be trying soon.

fishweewee
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Glacier gloves, and I cut off the thumb and index fingers on both.

Flaptail
10-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Good ol' time honored fingerless rag wool.

Saltheart
10-25-2004, 11:55 AM
I like the neoprene with the finger slits. not missing tips but tips with a slit so you can pull your fingers out when needed to tie , etc then put back inside. i seldom use them but some nights , Like when the ice is forming on the tip guide even in salt water, you just have too.

tlapinski
10-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Pete_G
The other new toy I found is a neoprene pork rind jar holder. It's like the old Hunter Fishing Products one. Just in time for bucktails at the breachways. :D any pics of this yet? i checked out the site, but didn't see it.

Pete_G
11-04-2004, 09:13 AM
The Glacier Gloves have finally arrived....

All sizes and they're on the web as well.

Glacier Gloves (http://www.saltwateredge.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FRI07&Category_Code=OUW&Product_Count=4)

No pics yet of the pork rind holder though.