View Full Version : Usernames...

JohnR
10-04-2001, 10:09 PM
Someone had chosen to create a username that is obviuosly pointed at a particular person here. Whether you like him or not, and whether he deserves it :rolleyes: or not, shouldn't happen. If you want to debate him online here and keep things relatively civil - that's cool. But don't just start crap for the sake of starting crap.

Patrick - you've brought alot of this on to yourself so don't scream righteous indignation when someone chooses to bust your stones.

One more note, those that register here purely to be malicious, I'll bounce you. There are too many good people here that shouldn't need to tolerate imature behavior.

Thanks

(If I seem a little cranky, it's cause I need my beauty sleep http://128.241.205.103/vbulletin/images/smilies/errrr.gif )

Cool_Hand_Fluke
10-04-2001, 10:42 PM
What a bout those who post just for the sole purpose of "gathering" information to harass OPF?

Great...now I can be a wisenhiemer and chap vadalias in 2 states!

patrickswoman
10-04-2001, 10:44 PM
I'm so sick of everyone saying patrick and I 'deserve' to be harrassed. It doesn't seem to make one iota of difference to anyone how much he's changed or how he's tried to make amends.
If there's one thing I've learned from all of this (on here and on SOL) it's never to be surprised. People will always pretend to forgive and forget, or even be nice, but eventually they'll use any opportunity to stick the knife in your back.

okay, I'm done ranting...

mindi

jenty
10-04-2001, 11:47 PM
Ok......I missed something. Somebody please tell me who's got the sniffles and why????

Patrick82
10-05-2001, 01:18 AM
John,

I don't know what to say. I'm sorry. If it would be easier for you, I can go back to lurker status. I won't leave to make them happy. I'll leave to make it easier for you.

I just don't get it. I've tried to be good. I really have tried and I thought I was doing much better. I haven't called names, I've helped where I could and I've asked serious questions. I've really tried to change. I've apologized for my past and most people have put what I did in my past behind. Here was a chance for some to be the bigger person and they spit on it. The saddest part, a lot of the people were ones I really liked too. October 13th, you'll meet me and you'll see I'm not a bad guy. I go off on tangents on occasion and I say stuff that doesn't go with popular opinion but isn't that what these boards are about? If everyone had the same exact ideas, then we would get nothing new out of it.

JohnR
10-05-2001, 08:42 AM
Mindi, I don't think anyone is upset with you, certainly for any valid reasons. Some people may still be having difficulty believing that you're actually a real person. But most of the people have actually welcomed you and hope you'll be a positive influence on the corporal. ;)

Patrick, provided you don't violate the rules, I'm not going to bounce you out of here. If you were a true detriment to the site with a very negative effect, I would ask you to leave but you are not doing that. You have been making an effort to show an improved online persona which is appreciated. Your views on things in life are odd to say the least and it's not that people can't appreciate other peoples views, it's more that they can't give much credit to the views put forward by a kid that does slightly more than the zero to gain the worldly experience that you preach.

I do appreciate the "improvement" in attitude you've made and I don't want you to be a lurker. I also don't want you to "help" based on regurgitating stuff you've read mixed in with a little theorizing of your own. What I want you to do, when you're not in school, work, or improving your relationship with Mindi, is to FISH. To start off with the basics and FISH. Cast & catch fish. Don't offer the excuses that there are no fish. Or that becuase you don't have the English Channel Heaver, you don't bother to FISH. This site is about FISH and PEOPLE, the people that FISH. 90% of the people here have a passion to FISH and that's what this is all about. The common thread that runs here is FISH. The boards allow good people with different personalities and views to create a sense of sense of community because we all FISH. We talk about other issues, because for the most part, we respect the views & integrity of those that FISH.
You postoed on another thread how well, ya know, things are busy, and "Just too much going on and scheduling conflicts and yadda yadda yadda. Plus our season hasn't been going so well down here. You know how it goes". That's crap. That nearly made me ill reading that. If you WANTED to fish you would fish and not offer excuses. "Scheduling conflicts" - what's that, when playing Super Mario Brothers is more important than cleansing your soul the way a 20 knot wind in your face does on a cloudy night in October? Try juggling a job, a home, and far more importantly, your family into your schedule and still trying to find a moment to relax under the beam of a lighthouse even if it's only once or twice a month. To fish with your buddy and see no other souls along a stretch of beach as your stresses, worrys, and anxieties of the WORKWEEK melt away.
I just don't get it. I've tried to be good. I really have tried and I thought I was doing much better. I haven't called names, I've helped where I could and I've asked serious questions. I've really tried to change This isn't about having an enviable online personna. If you ask just the right questions or offer a complex theory on the migration habits of 9 year old females (I'm talking a bout fish people http://128.241.205.103/vbulletin/images/smilies/nut.gif ) to punch your ticket to make you a greater forum POSTER. These people see right through that in a heartbeat. You know, I bet 90% of the people you've irked would forgive you and actually may gain some respect for you if you went out and learned how to fish. Consistently worked at it and gained experience on how to do it. I don't give a rat's arse if you went to an Aquaculture school or could discuss metallurgy on outboards with the engineers or Mercury Marine. You can't tell me that nobody in your area can catch a fish or have a decent night. Granted, you're not living in Truro, Montauk, or Narragansett, so your battle is a little more uphill. But that battle will turn you from a kid to a man IF it makes you think AND work out a problem, provide and then IMPLEMENT a solution. I'm no expert at this but I don't play one on TV either. I'm learning too. And in every RARE opportunity I get to go out, I try to LEARN something to make me a better fisherman.
You want to "Get IT"? - GO FISH. Make the opportunity to FISH. Soothe your SOUL by FISHING. Bring Mindi out FISHING and share that experience. The fishing and the sense of wonder you get out on the beach (my sister doesn't know it yet but she's going to babysit a lot more next year so I can take my wife out FISHING as I think she'll like it and I KNOW she'd like to spend more time together). If you do both of those successfully, you'll be doing better than most of us. But if you choose to maintain the path you're on now, your being a fraud to yourself and to others. You are seriously misleading yourself if you think you'll become one of the guys and all friendly like with other fishermen & women if you TALK the game instead of playing it.
I hope both of you do come up next weekend. I would like to FISH with you two and hopefully see that you both enjoy yourselves. But come up to do that, to ENJOY yourself, not to impress all of us that you're a real nice guy. We want to see you fish...

Tattoo
10-05-2001, 09:21 AM
Ya Bubba.....FISH!

Here's what they look like :D

jenty
10-05-2001, 09:24 AM
Ohhhh....Ok..I get it now. Well put John! Patrick listen to the man, he knows what he's talking about.

JohnR
10-05-2001, 09:37 AM
C_H_F - "OPF" - other peoples fish? Is that when the Jersey guy casts across 4 of us Ma$$holes? http://128.241.205.103/vbulletin/images/smilies/nono.gif hhehehehe http://128.241.205.103/vbulletin/images/smilies/lol2.gif http://128.241.205.103/vbulletin/images/smilies/nut.gif

Cool_Hand_Fluke
10-05-2001, 09:46 AM
Hey...not me brother...as you saw first hand...us nice Jersey guys ask politely, and then make sure to move far enough down current so as to not catch your weeds. :D :D

JohnR
10-05-2001, 10:00 AM
LMAO - Only bustin' CHF - yuse guyz were gentlemen alright :)

Patrick82
10-05-2001, 11:22 AM
John,

Okay. I wasn't looking for you to bounce me. I was just saying if it made your life easier, I can just stop posting.

I am getting out to fish. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow night. Mindi spent all that money on waders and I've used them a handful of times. I feel so awful about that. Just rearranged my plug bag, changed shome hooks. Gonna go score a big fish tonight or tomorrow.

frankie
10-05-2001, 01:05 PM
John, John, .................John

You sure are wordy their fella........

Tattoo
10-05-2001, 01:46 PM
Patrick, at leastyou have the right attitude about scoring fish.

Clammer
10-05-2001, 03:15 PM
I guess I missed something again/???:confused:

Jenn
10-05-2001, 10:18 PM
Hey John.....well since you brought it up......

I was going to send you a message about that...then I decided against it.....then I was going to post about it......had it all written and decided against it........

Glad you decided to post about it.......deserving or not.....I felt it was out of line myself......

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 02:41 AM
Tattoo, I wanna score You sexy, wanna roll in the sand baby?
and i aint a plug $lut......
Im a flamboyant plug ho.
could tou see me drillin patrick on the surf, we would win a emmy
ask slip about his 50 pound bass and me coaching him.
ren and stimpy show will follow when i aint to freakin tired.
ouch me hands hurt bubba.........
left bass..................
I HAD A bASSmaster night:D :p

Tattoo
10-06-2001, 06:15 AM
CALL ME BUBBA!!!!

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 08:29 AM
notice Tattoo in a frantic bass craze. I got my fix.
NICE WIND. duh I wonder why they chowed..................

Slipknot
10-06-2001, 09:01 AM
?

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 09:24 AM
Ha Ha slip

Slipknot
10-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Got seal?

hey , I tried

bassmaster
10-06-2001, 09:40 AM
got head?

redcrbbr
10-06-2001, 08:04 PM
man!!!!!!!!!!! and i thought i was hardcore... nice tat too. I gotta get outta here and get a line wet.