View Full Version : Now if we can just get the Celtics on the right path

Van
10-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Red sox world series winners,,,,, Patriots two titles in three years setting all kinds of records.

I miss the days when it was "Just another celtics win"

I will admit that I have not watch 1/2 as much round ball since the glory days of Bird, Parish, Mchale, DJ...etc.....

Any chance we can get a team together and create a TRILOGY of winning Boston sports teams ??????????:confused: :confused:

The Dad Fisherman
10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
They beat the Piston's Last night....

Flaptail
10-28-2004, 09:36 AM
NBA basketball has some real problems. It's a joke really. It's more like street ball. Our Olympic team was a great example of the apathy that pervades the league, maybe two players put there hearts into it. Team is out, me is in. Can't shoot foul shoots, re-bounding? What's the problem? Basic principles of basketball offense and defense have gone out the window. No respect for coaches. If you want to watch real basketball watch the WNBA, the girls play with heart and hustle, until the league cleans house and the game for the men becomes what it once was and could be again. I was as rabid a Celt's fan as there ever was, I can't watch more than 5 minutes before I get sick now.:(

Surfcastinglife
10-28-2004, 10:19 AM
well said flaptail, i think we got a better shot with the b's winning a title then the celts. season or no season

Skip N
10-28-2004, 10:55 AM
College basketball is much better.....Screw the NBA thugs!

spence
10-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Skip, we agree !!!!! :laughs:

-spence

Van
10-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Again more reasons why I miss the "good ol' days"

Clean ball, respectful players and deep rivalries.

SCL.
As for hockey,,,,you may disagree, sorry but talk about thugs !!!!

Mike P
10-28-2004, 10:36 PM
I love watching those old NBA games on Classic. Did you know that the final score of the 69 7th game between the Knicks and the Lakers was something like 131-126? And that was when the Knicks were known for team play, working the ball around and finding the open man.

What's the average score of an Eastern Conference game these days---80-76? I've seen games where both teams score in the 60s :af:

No wonder the US can do no better than the bronze medal. These guys today couldn't shoot an open J, let alone pull up and hit a shot off the dribble.

The problem with college is that any player with talent leaves for the NBA after his freshman---or at most his soph---year.

Surfcastinglife
10-28-2004, 10:50 PM
no way do i disagree van, i was speaking merely from a team position standpoint. the b's are a lot closer then the celts to the championship as it stands 2day. the game of hockey is corrupt by greed, the game of basketball by ignorance. both leagues are in trouble at a level we may not even begin to realize for some time. both games must undergo revolutionary changes to return to greatness and I, for one, don't believe there is a person at the helm of either league capable of the leadership that these respective leagues need in order to be watchable again. basketball and hockey as we knew them are gone, leaving in their place this garbage. least we still got the pats and sox :D.

Skip N
10-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by spence
Skip, we agree !!!!! :laughs:

-spence

This is getting scary now!!:D

BigFish
10-29-2004, 12:41 PM
The who?????:smash: :smash: :smash: Basketball blows!:mad:

kippy
11-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I agree BF..the game has changed since the days of the big 3..I was a Celtics nut back then..now I can't stomach watching them..
:yak6:

In the words of a wise man (well, maybe not): "Larry Bird ain't walking throught that door"

Squid kids Dad
11-03-2004, 09:13 PM
As far as watchng the home team Celtics it depends on if they are winning...Right BF?:D ..But overall pro basketball has gotten less exciting the past few years..Its seems that some or most of the players have forgotten it can be a TEAM sport also..Scoring has gone way down.I think for one reason there are just to many teams..Spreads the talent out to thin...It just doesnt seem to exciting to watch...
All I know is Bird,Mchale & Parish arent walking thru that door...:eek:

fishsmith
11-07-2004, 12:19 PM
They looked good against the Knicks last night, Go Celts!!

In the words of a wise man (well, maybe not): "Larry Bird ain't walking throught that door"

I can think of alot thing to call pitino,but my privledges would be revoked from this site, "wise man" is not one of them. His book said always finish a job you start, he should practice what he preaches. I hate that guy!