View Full Version : What is your favorite ON LINE tacke store

Mr. Sandman
10-05-2001, 12:15 PM
I am looking for some new tackle links...

Patrick82
10-05-2001, 12:21 PM
One of the board sponsers, Capecodtackle.com. Mike posts here sometimes and is extremely helpful. I haven't bought from him as of yet but he has VERY good prices, some of the lowest prices I've seen anywhere.

MikeF
10-05-2001, 12:37 PM
I'll second the capecodtackle vote. I much prefer to go there in person since Mike is very helpful when it comes to rod building tips and up to the minute info.
Other than that I like to go to the store in person. Its better for local businessmen, is more helpful and generally saves money since you see what you are getting.

jettyjockey18
10-05-2001, 12:41 PM
i live close enough to stop into mikes shop so i've never ordered from him online, but he's got real good stuff on his website too...

i do order from the big 2 online sources (the one in nebraska and the one in missouri) and have dropped a bunch of cash this year at the one in connecticut (well, technically you can't order from them online but hafta call and give the item #)...real fast turnaround from that one...

Tattoo
10-05-2001, 01:51 PM
BASSMASTER's PLUG HOUSE...:)

Takes to long to order stuff online, unless I really can't find it anywhere. I usually need it NOW.

JohnR
10-05-2001, 03:13 PM
I'm awfull - I haven't purchased anything "ONLINE" for tackle other than a set of waders once. Most stuff I get at 3 of the 4 sponsors of this site. I haven't gotten anything from Saltydog yet because I haven't flyfished - yet. That's next year :rolleyes: ... Otherwise, I buy stuff from CCT, Sportsman's Den (not online - yet), and Weekapaug...

The only other place I went to spend reasonable coin was a rod building shop (don't remember the name) that took a month to get in touch with when the stuff didn't show, got a run around, AND never got the stuff - getting the credit was pain in the Hoo-Haas too. Damn, can't remember their name but...

Patrick82
10-05-2001, 03:33 PM
I know what ya mean John. I won a sweepstake at a fishing site and I got the run around when I tried to use it. 5 angry and getting angrier emails sent and I finally got my penn 4300SS a few weeks later. It was the winter so I didn't care how long it took. Spooled her up and went after some blueback herring.

I've ordered from the two big companies with no problem. I've ordered from some Shark River place which came fast. I've ordered from another online tackle shop and they were fast too.

I ordered from Bob D's GhostTown and he had fast service and even threw in a nice yellow over white bomber for my B-Day.

Tim gave me some fast service too.

Still waiting for Steve B's package. I ordered it last Monday I think. With the slowdown of air travel and him being down under, I figure I'll wait 15-17 days before I email him to make sure it got into the mail. If he says it did and a reasonable amount of time has passed, I'll have to call UPS or whatever parcel service he uses.

From now on, I'm going through Mike's shop. His site is very user friendly, he's a good guy, has low prices and technically I am supporting a real shop. Anything I can't get through him, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere.

Mr. Sandman
10-05-2001, 03:45 PM
I buy about 50% online from numerous places no one in particular and the other 50% from local shops, where I generally walk in a panic at peak season looking for something I just lost. And it's a bitch to get good live eels online.

I do plan to order a ton of stuff this winter online and have overkill for next year. (plugs reels line and general gear)I plan on placing a 3 year supply order in.

I have dropped some reasonable coin with both sponsors. It always seems every time I walk into a tackle store I spend at least $150-200 my wife says even with all the fish I do catch it is cheaper to go to Champlins and buy the fish what you want to eat. (But she admits that it is cheaper now then when I had the 36 footer and would tank up on a weekly basis!)

I just tell her "I go to fish, not to bring home dinner". She understands my fishing weakness this time of year and I have to say bends over backwards (sotospeak :D ) and lets me escape as needed in sept oct and nov to get my fill of surf action.

However, we really need a Goosehummock type of shop in RI, I was up there a year or so ago...you see the lures that guys has!
I envion a wallmart size shop just for fishing tackle and gear in gansett someplace.... The Ocean State Needs this !!