View Full Version : Interesting dilema

DaveS
10-05-2001, 01:07 PM
Ok, here's the deal. Da Wife and the Daughter are going to Arizona to see sister in laws new baby, leaving Friday Night. Now here's the good part! I got from Saturday AM to Thursday PM to go on a road trip! I'm tossing around the idea of either Rhody or The Cape and I want your input as to where you guys think the best fishing is likely to happen, and where do you stand the best chance of gettin some "Deluxe Model" bass from the beach during this time frame? Fire away! Think of it from a "what would would you do" point of view.

JohnR
10-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Aww Dave - this is like the best dilema you could have short of how to spend Powerball money ;) ... First, are you fishing solo or with others and how much experience do you have in the Rhody & Mass waters?

If it were me I'd look at several places. First, I'd see if I reach for the golden ring and try to hit one of the big Islands: Cuttyhunk (based on what I've heard for the last week), Block - awesome spot, or MV. All three shoulf be fished with a buddy, certainly if you have low time in those places. If not the Islands...

Next, I'd consider Ballstons, HOM, well any beach from the Wellfleet hollows through N Truro (I have nothing to offer on Race Point) - Nauset all of those places.

I'm personally not much of a Ditch person - I like the place but this time of year, prefer a little rock hoppin or sand skiing...

Next: Rho Dylsand. I'm not familiar with the Newport side of things but I'd spend my time in South County anyway - I'd like Quonny Tuesday morning as you would have the mis to the last of the drop at first light and sunnup. With all the bait in there flowing out at dayreak, the bass and Albies too will probably be going mental (I'm actually - Hack Hack, feeling a little ill now - going to be a full blown 24 hour flu come Monday afternoon at work ;) )...

Beyond that? Any of the breachways, Watch Hill, the general weekapaug surrounds.... DUDE - YOU SHOULD BE SINGING IN THE STREETS!!!

Big fish could happen at any of these places. Right time, right place. There are some things you can do to ifluence the issue but really, you need to be there when the cows show... Plus, a marathon like that, make sure your gear is tip top...

DaveS
10-05-2001, 07:00 PM
I'm goin by myself this time, gear is top o' the line, and I got fishin knowledge, just cant decide on a spot. How do you get out to Cuttyhunk?

JohnR
10-05-2001, 07:58 PM
Go to Cuttyhunk.com but first, check the pics in the reports section after you remove any electronic equipment that will be damaged with drool...