View Full Version : Get your arse out and vote

RIJIMMY
11-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Enough talk, now its time to show the world that we care about our country and involve ourselves in a process people have fought and died all over the globe for.

Karl F
11-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Well Said!

I am heading there right now, even though Massachusetts is a "Forgone Conclusion" , damn, I wish the pundits and the poll takers would crawl back into their sewers...........just hope it's over tonight, and we don't have to wait a month or two, that chit ain't good for the nation. Had a great chat with a real nice young man fresh back from Iraq the other night, he doesn't know it, but he helped cement my vote. :D

Skip N
11-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Headin' out to vote in a few myself.....Should be one hell of an interesting night thats for sure! Im such a dork...I love this stuff!:D

MikeTLive
11-02-2004, 09:39 AM
heh
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20041101/capt.sge.byz22.011104173118.photo01.photo.default-278x353.jpg

MikeTLive
11-02-2004, 09:40 AM
even in Afghanistan your individual vote counts.
Here in the Glorious US of A we have a level of the Elite (Electorial College) interpret our votes.

It is high time to remove that layer.
It does not help any more.

Skip N
11-02-2004, 11:00 AM
The Elctoral college keeps polliticians from only campaining in the high poulation states and big cities. Without this proccess who would give a rats ass about the Midwest and the smaller states? Gives them some say in the whole procces so they are not ignored. I know my voting for W in MA doesnt mean to much in this state but the EC does have its place and when you think about it makes total sense and gives states like Wyoming, Montana, Minnistota some representation and some say in our countrys future. I dont want elections being decided were the large populations are... like NYC, LA etc. and everyone else gets NO voice. Sounds like a stupid sytstem on the outside but when you think about it it makes total sense.

Fishpart
11-02-2004, 11:22 AM
It's not JUST the Presidential race you need to concern yourself with.

Don't like the Spend and Tax politicis in RI, then throw the incumbents out on their ears.

You can make a difference in where YOUR money gets spent. Think it would be good to have manufacturing jobs, then vote for improving the infastructure at Quonset, as of now the container port is dead, but the old buildings need to go and the utilities need to be upgraded.

Think we should not allow elected officials to sit on boards where they personally benefit, then vote.

Business as usual needs to STOP at all levels...........

Mike P
11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
I agree Ed. The presidential race is a foregone conclusion here in NY, but we have a Congressional race that's up for grabs. Plus, a chance to change the status quo in the state legislature.

MikeTLive
11-02-2004, 12:09 PM
http://www.google.com/logos/vote2004.gif google 2004 election (http://www.google.com/search?q=2004+Election)

ChrisH
11-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Got out and voted at 8:00
Had to cast a vote for my man Joe McDonald, hopefully the new sheriff of Plymouth County!