View Full Version : Anyone catching in SoCo RI

fishdump
11-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Not looking for spots, just general information if they are still around. Haven't been to any of the usual places in a while and pulled the boat a couple weeks ago and it is getting winterized and wanted to know if it was still worth getting a bucket of eels for this weekend and hitting the sand, rocks, etc... Just a general response of yes go or no conditions not worth the effort. Thanks in advance - James

redlite
11-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Been gettin slower and slower and then even slower, but there are still some decent fish around. Really havin to hunt for em. Gettin tougher on the body too. Anyone know if they make heated breathable waders??

Rappin Mikey
11-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that you will see another wave of nice fish go through before it is said and done. I'm definitely giving it a shot this weekend.

Peter Lajoie
11-04-2004, 03:08 PM
going back down sunday morning until tuesday,,,,its pretty dam cold down there, but the fish are still there, was down last sunday morning until monday night and got plenty of decent size fish....just had to do allot of searching.

fishweewee
11-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by redlite
Anyone know if they make heated breathable waders??

Sure, this is all you need...

piemma
11-04-2004, 03:14 PM
See my thread from this morning titled tough morning. Redlite is correct. I have been finding one decent fish a week 20 to 25#. I have fished the last 14 out of 15 night/mornings. Usually on the beach or in the rocks by 2 and done by 5 or so. 3 good fish in 14 nights. Not great.
I have had a lot of small fish 20 to 30" but at this time of year, I am hunting for cows not rats.
Cold nights with the dampness start to wear on your body especially if you have to work all day. Sleep this winter.

cheferson
11-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Caught a lot of fish in the mid-upper 20's sun, mon, tues nights. It was very flat last night and Didnt get a bump :af: . Just got back in from catching about 40 schoolies. It was sweet they were in about 3 ft of water. For a an hour and a half it was fish every cast , was schweet. Got them on Pt jude butter fish and the sandeel. They seemed to like the butterfish best. I would make it flutter across the top of the water, then slow my retrieve and let it swim for about 4 cranks. The fish would ussally hit after i let it drop and swim. Get eels. Gonna go out in a second, hoping the coming storm and wind makes the cows put there feed bags on:D .

goosefish
11-04-2004, 05:31 PM
I haven't fished in a week. I've gone soft. Could also blame it on what I do for a living---a cold day on the water doesn't really make me want to go back out, so I don't. But really? I've gone soft. Things slowed with the sox, and after I never regained the drive, which we all know is the key to stripers.

"uffah!!"
11-04-2004, 05:47 PM
You've got to careful eating beans and wearing waders. If your not careful, they will fill with gas and flip you over and float you away. You have to vent them.

The Iceman 6
11-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I just have to give SoCo 1 last shot, i'll be taking the looonnng drive there tomorrow and the loooonnnngggg walk out. why? why not i say.......
what else am i gonna do mourn the yankees? hahhahahahhah

Canalman
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Well if the fish that are leaving my area now stay close to shore, goosefish you need to get out there and fish. A good school of 20 to 40 pounders left here over the weekend and I;m sure they will end up in "Gansett before long.

Good luck guys... don't give up until you HAVE TO! Frost bite only hurts until they amputate and sleep is way overrated that's what winter (CHOKE) is for. Take advantage while you still can every fish you catch now will take a day off your wait for spring.... think about it.

-DAve

RIROCKHOUND
11-04-2004, 09:31 PM
I'll Echo Paul....It was slow when I left,
but I'm 1700 Miles west right now and a mile high...so what do I know.... back next week, hope/expect to have at least one more decent night of fishing before T-Day, after that it becomes occasional trips into Dec...

basswipe
11-04-2004, 09:59 PM
There are definitely fish around.Fished my area before work this morning.Got a take almost every cast just couldn't land one.Talk about being frustrated.Got some BIG blues Thurs. eve.

piemma
11-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Fish Weekapaug and Quonny this morning. very quiet. Great water at Quonny but the wind made the drift impossible.

tlapinski
11-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by goosefish
Things slowed with the sox, and after I never regained the drive, which we all know is the key to stripers. don't lie, the old lady put her foot down finally! :lasso:

piemma
11-05-2004, 07:33 AM
John, I been wondering what thell happened to you. I figure Toby is right. PM me if you are wandering tonight. Bryans doing the Rocky Mountain thing.

fishdump
11-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll get some slimy ones and hit the sand.

piemma
11-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Better tie your a$$ to a rock. It's humpin' everywhere and tonight is forecast at SW 15 to 25 with gusts to 40MPH.

RIJIMMY
11-05-2004, 08:22 AM
SW 15 to 25 with gusts to 40MPH.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

piemma
11-05-2004, 08:29 AM
RIJimmy
If the big girls are out tonight they will be in close.