11-04-2004, 04:27 PM
bupkis

Slipknot
11-04-2004, 10:12 PM
that sux, sorry to hear of your lack of fish :(
Tonight in 2 hours I had 29 bass and Dave had 37:o

fishaholic18
11-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Nice Slip, glad to hear you're still catching.
That means they're still coming my way.:)

Mr. Sandman
11-05-2004, 06:57 AM
wow! I was on a friends boat and we didn't see here or smell a thing. It is dead out here. I was fishing daylight.

29fish?!? I have not had a night like that in a while. that is great. A few nights ago I did OK from the shore at night but nothing like that.

Slipknot
11-05-2004, 08:11 AM
only to 10 lbs Jim:laughs: schoolies:smash:
But it was action. All from shore ofcourse. I didn't even change my needle all night and never needed my pliers. Could have walked out without a plugbag. It was good to get out with Dave, guess his back is better. My feet were killin me but I went in the rain and wind anyway, I fell off a deck 11 ft. down yesterday OUCH, the moron never nailed the railing on at the job I was at. :smash:

Maybe the migration was more inland so far, I still think there are LARGE yet to come and will fish till turkey day.

Van
11-05-2004, 09:11 AM
SM, I gonna pull the skis down soon and get em cleaned up and waxed!!!

The fat lady has sang her fishing song to me !!!!!:(

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2004, 04:54 PM
slip,

Put all my stuff away except for one surf rod and plug bag, waders and top, I may go tonight for and hour or so(after sons- B-day dinner). Only a few more trips in me I am afriad.

Garage looks empty now.

Van, Traded in my Salomon's for the lastest pair of dynastars yesterday. I was upgrading my kids stuff (an annual deal with their growth rates) and felt it was time I got something new...esp with the west coast trip planned. He gave me 3 bills for my skis which were 5 years old so if softened the pain a bit. Also if i don't like them after 3 ski days I can bring them back for something else. I will be at stowe over Xmas and will give them a work out. I never liked dynastars but they seem to have better line now....we will see.

A couple years ago I got a pair of "used boots" that looked brand new and fit perfect for my 10 yo son from this same guy for 50 bucks, my son loved them and beat the hell out of them for 2 years and he gave us 25 bucks for them on trade in! You can't rent stuff that cheap. Granted he bought a new decent adult boot this season and he really customized it to fit him perfect but at least is was something for his old stuff and he said he will re-sell it in a week. He is not the cheapest guy but his service and knowledge is worth the extra few bucks IMO.

I think I have a few more fishing trips in me this season but my mind is on snow now. My only regret is that I wish I had gotton some of those tog that I hear are piled up....I feel I missed out on some good eatin. One thing I did do though....do you remember that big swordfish they caught off MV...well they didn't sell it and they cut it up and gave it to all their familes. Well my kids teacher got a load and she likes bluefish, we traded bluefish for swordfish....man that was good eatin!