View Full Version : Angler Boats

007laserman
11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Check out my website. I was an Angler customer who got hammered twice by Angler.
http://www.angler-boats.com

If anyone here has abad experience with Angler you are invited to submit your complaint and photos on my website.:af:

007laserman
11-05-2004, 11:13 AM
do you own an angler?

zacs
11-05-2004, 11:16 AM
after reading your website, thank god I don't.
ugh. Sucks to be you.
_Z_

007laserman
11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
yel sucks 100,000.00 worth.:af:

BigBo
11-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Don't get #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& going.:laughs:

007laserman
11-05-2004, 11:30 AM
we need to get someone going it insane to be jurked around like angler does. just thieves.

UserRemoved1
11-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Wow I can't believe some of them pictures. You got me beat man.

007laserman
11-05-2004, 11:52 AM
I WAS ALWAY LUCKY LIKE THAT.

Clammer
11-05-2004, 11:56 AM
I wrote them off when //when I was looking //too much for not enough //equals problems :smash:

007laserman
11-05-2004, 12:25 PM
I GOT PRETTY MUCH NOTHING THE BOATS UNSAFE.

Clammer
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
That,s what I meant :(

fishaholic18
11-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I've had mine since 2000, and no problems. Thank God.

Roger
11-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Wow, pretty serious stuff. Sorry for the chit they're putting you through. Amazing that they couldn't even get a replacement boat to come out right. Seems like they have some real problems with both workmanship and materials used.

007laserman
11-05-2004, 02:58 PM
yell but a good mfg. would take care of there customers.but angler wants all the money an the hek with me. this will bit them you know were.

zacs
11-05-2004, 03:10 PM
In their defense, it seems like they were making SOME effort ...although that changing the serial# thing is SKETCHY....however you probably can sell that 2900 and come out not too bad.....STILL SUCKS. Do you think they will sue you to try to get you to take that website down? One interesting thing I noticed is that if you type "Angler Boats" into google your site doesn't come up. Even if you type "Angler-Boats" it won't come up. Do you think you are being blocked by THE MAN somehow?

-Zac

UserRemoved1
11-05-2004, 03:14 PM
#7 on google

007laserman
11-05-2004, 03:41 PM
thanks ZACS. they did make a try but they didnt do what they said they would do .every thing they should have done was extreamly important but would cost them to much money.if they cant aford to back up there mistakes then they need to be out of buss. on the sue thing i guess but they allready tryed that with the release they tryed to make me sign.that was the cheep way out but it did work. on googles were there its just hidden i just havent set it in play yet. web site is angler-boats.com

B-assman
11-05-2004, 03:41 PM
I should probably thank #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&

When I was looking to buy a boat - I read your saga on thehulltruth.com - Up to that point I was considering an Angler. I had seen them at the boat show and the guy put the pressure on and the deal seemed pretty good. Sure am glad that I didn't go that route. Plus the angler dealer in RI I was talking to is not there anymore (out of out of business?)

I love my Scout - couldn't be happier.

007laserman
11-05-2004, 04:11 PM
B-ASSMAN THANKS. I WONDER WHY HES OUT OF BUSS......

quick decision
11-05-2004, 05:43 PM
I know a guy at my club who has one and the boat has a cracked hull. They told him to brng to to Florida so they could look at it. WTF! I would be going postal!:rocketem: :nailem: :liquify: :behead: :wall: :gorez:

007laserman
11-05-2004, 06:57 PM
HAS YOUR FRIEND GOT PICTURES IF SO TELL HIM TO POST THEM TO MY SITE. THIS IS FOR ALL TO SEE.:af: :laughs: :happy:

JohnR
11-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Laser - while freinds don't let friends drive Angler boats I'd hate to see that your only particpation here is to trash Angler. Yes, most of them suck and I would not consider one ever for myself (or a newer Seacraft by the way they are going as of late) but this is supposed to be a positive forum and not a place to beat dead horses. So please, I encourage you to particpate but don't come here with the sole intention of trashing Angler - thanks...

John

Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
S-B.com

007laserman
11-05-2004, 09:52 PM
JOHN I AM NEW TO THIS MEANS OF PARTICPATION I MEAN NO HARM OR BASHING BUT I CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT. I WILL RESPOND TO YOUR WELL PUT COMMENTS SOON. THANKS LASERMAN.

007laserman
11-05-2004, 10:33 PM
John, I hope you understand that my true intent is not so much to bash angler. the only thing I can hope for is that I might help someone else not make the same mistake that I did.

fishaholic18
11-06-2004, 06:53 AM
I agree with John, keep this crap off this site. Get a lawyer to deal with your problem. There will always be "Lemons" in every line of boat's, cars, etc........Take it from a guy who's worked for a new car dealer for the past 20 years. I read about a guy who had a Hydrosport with similiar problems, he couldn't get it resolved thru the manufacturer, so he painted the boat yellow and put a lemon sign on it. I don't think it helped his problem. I've been beating the crap out of my Angler since 2000, not a problem yet, and I will continue to beat it up. So, please keep the stuoid comments off this site and tell them to a lawyer, maybe he'll care.

MTC
11-07-2004, 04:15 AM
The Boatus mag has some ink on this issue!

Hooper
11-07-2004, 08:45 PM
It really doesn't take a lot of back breakin' labor to learn which boats have good, or a great reputation, and which boats are crap.

Hell...just look at some of the crap people are buying these days, I am always amazed at what constitutes beauty! Even as a kid casting off the West Dennis Beach Jetty for bluefish, my best friend and I would look at boats entering the Bass River and we could tell you if they were $h!t or not (read larson, read cruisers inc, read renken, read etc.....)

Christ, before dropping 100 large, ask around a bit. And, do hours, days and weeks of research, or even years if the need be. And then ask a professional surveyor when you decide on a brand, it is worth an hour of his rate to save years of heartburn.

100K for a boat is almost as much as I paid for my house. For 100 large I could absolutely build my dream boat & fish until I am an old man. And I'd be using only 5 gallons of diesel an hour..... ahhh, what a life I would lead then! Plus, I'd have heat in the wheelhouse no less! :happy:

Not that I don't feel your pain! I do! :af:

I think if you have an axe to grind, which you certainly do, and you're not satisfied by Angler, then go for it, no one likes getting screwed.

But when you get satisfaction, if you do....look at a new 29 SeaVee for 100K, or a used 26 Regulator for 75K! Remember, in life, you get what you pay for.

Or, as my ol' man still tells me,

"If you pay peanuts you're sure to get monkeys!" :laughs:

007laserman
11-08-2004, 09:29 AM
The problem is that, I did look around for an entire year before deciding on an angler boat... I am not the kind of person who is easily sold. Everything I was able to find about the Angler said it was a good boat every claim made by Anglers dealership, and there website seemed to be reputable as well as factual. I guess they do a great job of hiding the real truth.

I've been around boats all my life, built a few, and repaired a lot. When someone tells me on their website and in their brochure that it's hand laid, super gel coat and no wood stringers, I figure it to be a well made boat.

There are two issues here... The quality of the boat and the manufacturers responsibility to the customer. I myself am a manufacturer, I sell a lot of products. Unfortunately, my company has warranty issues from time to time as well.

Unlike Angler, my reputation and the reputation of my company means something... I have and will continue to bend over backwards for my customers when a problem arises.

I want to clarify one more thing here, the hundred thousand dollars is not just the boat. It's the boat, the motors and the electronics. They totalled $99,000 and some change.

Hooper, it's funny you mentioned SeaVee. I gave that boat a long hard look. They had a long lead time.

It's funny we both have the same kind of dog.

Hooper
11-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Hope I didn't offend you or anything, sometimes after I post I think, "Was that too harsh?" I am glad you don't seem offended by my comments.

Again, in my opinion, if a company sells a piece of crap, they really should make good on it. Look at companies that treat their customers tight and have a loyal following (Bennett Trim Tabs).

I am also glad you did lots of research and knew what you were looking for to being with, which is so important. I do think these discussion boards will prove to be a useful tool in purchasing marine products and boats in general.

Love the picture of your Lab, they are the greatest dogs in the world!!! Hooper is 4 now and I can't imagine my life without him!

Do be a frequent contributor to this great site, welcome aboard!

Finesse 23
11-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Laser … What can one say …that’s got to be a horrible feeling seeing a boat (brand new) fall apart before your eye ….Regardless of who made it …. Sorry you’re having such issues with them….. That’s just not right…It sux!!

Not like me to get involved in discussion like this and BUT what a great first post thread to get involved in here :D !!!

Hopper …good points …. And I really echo your sentiments. (I had a whole lot typed out …but I deleted it :laughs: ….)
I know you said you researched boats prior to your purchase … But what lead you to your selection?? I ask as there are sooo many to choose from in that size range. I was involved in a similar situation (more to do with deception of a sales person and some untruths about abilities of a boat)

Whats been Anglers response to your site ?

FYI for anyone looking for a new boat …. In my opinion one of the Best ways to find out about a boat is to walk around the docks where people keep em ….Listen real good to what people say ….. don’t forget to ask how long they have had the boat … Talk around the dock is invaluable … Not a sales pitch at a boat show , dealership or magazine. Real world experience is what counts.

Got tons more about that ...but dont want to bore anyone :usd:

JohnR
11-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Finesse 23
Laser … What can one say …that’s got to be a horrible feeling seeing a boat (brand new) fall apart before your eye ….Regardless of who made it …. Sorry you’re having such issues with them….. That’s just not right…It sux!!

Not like me to get involved in discussion like this and BUT what a great first post thread to get involved in here :D !!!

Hopper …good points …. And I really echo your sentiments. (I had a whole lot typed out …but I deleted it :laughs: ….)
I know you said you researched boats prior to your purchase … But what lead you to your selection?? I ask as there are sooo many to choose from in that size range. I was involved in a similar situation (more to do with deception of a sales person and some untruths about abilities of a boat)

Whats been Anglers response to your site ?

FYI for anyone looking for a new boat …. In my opinion one of the Best ways to find out about a boat is to walk around the docks where people keep em ….Listen real good to what people say ….. don’t forget to ask how long they have had the boat … Talk around the dock is invaluable … Not a sales pitch at a boat show , dealership or magazine. Real world experience is what counts.

Got tons more about that ...but dont want to bore anyone :usd:

Hey Scott - Welcome to S-B :btu:
- Just don't bring Finnie over
:buds: :tooth:

Finesse 23
11-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
Hey Scott - Welcome to S-B :btu:

Thanks John !!! :cheers:
I lurk no more !!

Originally posted by JohnR
- Just don't bring Finnie over
:buds: :tooth:

:hidin:
Shhhh .... I wont tell if you don't tell !!!! Now we can have "peaceful and meaningful discussions" :rotf2:

JohnR
11-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Finesse 23
:hidin:
Shhhh .... I wont tell if you don't tell !!!! Now we can have "peaceful and meaningful discussions" :rotf2:

:happy: :happy: :happy:

007laserman
11-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Laser man here. I don't type so I'm using one of those speaking units. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I appreciate your support I'm getting here on SB. if people don't stand up to their problems and help each other than the problem never goes away. I just got back from Brunswick a little while ago and I saw all these new post and appreciate the support. iam going to try to answer tomorrow. Thanks laser man.:af:

Westport Jeff
11-10-2004, 12:41 PM
I for one find it helpful to read about others experiences with new boat purchases. Thanks LM.

I will be buying a new boat in the spring. I have seen the adds for the 21' Angler. Looked like a good deal. Maybe too good to be true.

This issue here is does the company and dealer stand behind their product. Apparently not.

11-10-2004, 02:19 PM
To put a positive spin on this Angler issue. The guy who has been slipped beside me for the past 2 years has a 99-00 20' Angler 204 DC model. The boat looks good the only thing I notice is the bow rail has rusted, talking to the owner he has had no problems with the boat itself. He really enjoys it.

007laserman
11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
To Westport Jeff: I can definitely say that they have not stood behind their product. They have chosen to completely ignore me since I took possession of the new 29 foot.
I've sent them two emails about the problems I have experienced since taking possession of the new boat. No response whatsoever.

007laserman
11-10-2004, 06:30 PM
To John R. - My final selection was the result of the abundant claims that Angler makes on their websites, in their brochures and at their dealerships.

I was completely led to believe that owning an Angler would be a great investment.

UserRemoved1
11-11-2004, 11:55 AM
What a piece of CRAP. I just pulled the deck plate over the fuel sender as I like to leave them off for the winter to let everything air out....my fuel tank is COMPLETELY submerged in water to the bottom of the deck! :af: :af:
Course I called the factory and you know WHO is dodging calls.

UserRemoved1
11-11-2004, 11:57 AM
that's after pulling the port side trim tab actuator and finding a 1/2 cup of water drain out of the transom. :af:

Somebody buy this piece of junk cuz or else i'm going to drive it through their front doors. :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

Finesse 23
11-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Salty …. WOW , WOW and another WOW

Thats down right scary !!! Hope it's , at least, fresh and not salt water ??!!??

007laserman
11-11-2004, 03:09 PM
boy i better ck my tank. if i have one............ but salty ive never been in the water but 1hr. with my angler. i know the storage compartments dont drain.but angler said thats ok. well angler doesnt pay for the fuel ether. those boxes must hold 500gl. when i had the boat in the water we look in the bulge an found the thruhull fiting pouring waterin the boat.thats when i came back in an parked it. not going out in it again. its a shameeeeeee.

007laserman
11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
JOHN R. HOPE I AM NOT DOING WRONG REMERBER I NEW AN PISSED OFF.BUT SOME OF THE THING BEING SAID HERE AT SB SHOULD BE PUT ON MY SITES GUEST BOOK SO ANGLER CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO RESPOND, BOY THAT WOULD LITE
THIS FORUM UP. HOPE THIS POST IS OK.