View Full Version : Could only watch

reelecstasy
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I woke up this morning and grabbed my coffee and walked out the front door as I do everyday to look at the water :smokin: About 100 yrds out there must have been at least 100 birds working. It was choppy as hell and the wind was crankin in my face. This was one of the biggest groups I have seen this year and they were going crazy. I grabbed my rod outta the garage and grabbed the heaviest thng in my bag. I was tossin a 1089 with 65# pp and laying into it more than I ever have tryin to get it out there. Not a chance :smash: no matter what I put on I couldn't cut the wind enough. Finally accepting the situation I just sat on the seawall, drank my coffee with my rod holstered. I could see the fish finning and working as the birds were doing there best to stay with it all. It was a great site and even though I didn't have a line in the water it was still a great place to be.Sometimes it is the moment and the outdoors that gives you the satisfaction and not only the tug on the end of the line..Had to post it because the fiancee is sick of hearing me talk about fish from the moment I wake up till we hit the sack..babe, look out there! I have had a great season both fishing and just being witness to alot of great moments outdoors. I have been watched by a red tail fox about 10' away at most while I was eeling and he never even moved for like 5 mins. and lots of other great times......I am a very lucky man

Notaro
11-05-2004, 11:06 AM
So it looks like that I shouldn't go today.

tynan19
11-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Reel youre right just being outdoors is half the thrill of the experience. Even if you get skunked it is nice to be out there. To many people don't realize this. Good for us though. Best part of this forum is that you do get to talk about your experiences with other anglers who are interested.

Clammer
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Amen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.:rolleyes:

tynan19
11-05-2004, 03:44 PM
I was skunked but I was able to enjoy moments like this yesterday. How many people get to witness sunrises like this over the water.

tynan19
11-05-2004, 03:46 PM
one more

Slingah
11-06-2004, 03:47 PM
catching is a bonus:D