View Full Version : Echo.....echo....echoooooo........

BigFish
11-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Man, it sure is quiet here on the board this weekend.:confused: People must be doing fall chores or getting their last casts in.......anyone still fishing?:D Who is packing it in for the season?:( I am putting all but one rod away today....going up to Maine for the week with Fishchick to relax and do a little shopping and some antiqueing!:happy: Just a real relaxing, driving around up north with no set plans kind of trip....we do it every November! No crowds!:happy:

When I get back I will make one more run out to the Race, more for the fresh air than the fishing I am sure! But I will have a rod at the ready....anyone catching anything at the Race lately?:)

Karl F
11-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Have fun in Maine, find some interesting stuff!
You will be back before the seashore closes the ORV corridor for the winter, I am sure. Man, I hate that, glad I can still run my beach all wintah. Here I go sounding like the ol' phart that I am, but I have many a fond memory of a winter Sunday afternoon run from CG beach in Eastham, up to RP, hate to think of all that Lost Access..... oh well, enjoy what little we have left, I guess.:cool:

oh, and save some dough if you can, yer RP stickah gonna big taking another LEAP skyward, come spring :( That is about the only change, they saw fit to make.....that and a Wednesday kickoff.

Van
11-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
....going up to Maine for the week with Fishchick to relax and do a little shopping and some antiqueing

:hidin:

BigFish
11-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Easy Vanster...I look for antique fishing stuff!;)

Van
11-07-2004, 10:37 AM
OK, I see, I was picturing you with a cardigan sweater wrapped around you with the sleeves tied in a cute knot round' your neck...;) ;)

Maybe wear a nice fall emsemble with a paisely button down shirt !!!

You know,,like the outfit you wear in P-Town....:eek: :eek:

PS.Sent ya a PM..

BigFish
11-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Don't forget the tennis raquet!;)

Van
11-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Don't forget the tennis raquet!;)

Oh yeah,,, you'll need it to fight off all the lavender boyz !!!!!!!

tynan19
11-07-2004, 11:28 AM
BigFish where are you headed? There are lots of antique shops off Rt. 1 in York and Wells.

piemma
11-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Fished 19 out of the last 20 night. Tired. Fish are few and far between. last good fish, 23# a week ago Friday.

BigFish
11-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Headed up through Freeport and then route 1 all the way up to Bar Harbor I think.....may cut over to Vermont and come back down through New Hampshire!:happy: We just like to drive and enjoy whatever new things we come across!:D

tynan19
11-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Bar Harbor nice area. Great driving roads with lots of scenery. Dress warm it snowed up there last week.

CowHunter
11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Bigfish, I fished the race on Thursday, both incoming and outgoing...I fished all the humps I know over there and did not mark one speck of bait or fish...It was the dead sea. I switched over and fished for Blacks with a little more luck...There were some blues and bass in the Thames...Best of Luck. I pulled my boat back home to NJ where Ive got some more time to fish for Bass...

BigFish
11-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info Cowhunter...much appreciated!;) I will make one more run out to the Race before the oversand deadline the 15th and see if I can hang a couple schoolies to close out my season....maybe I will get a nice sunny day when I get back from Maine!:D Thanks again.:)

Clammer
11-07-2004, 06:05 PM
G/S & myself had a great day /// plenty of fish ///didn,t see anyone else catch any /////
I finally held my own against the plastic master // only got a little A@@ kicking /////
Thanks BOB======== :happy:

ya sold a house after I left you //// gotta meet to sign the papers after the game :D :D

Got Stripers
11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
It was a great weekend if you throw out the door panel damage on the truck from a sideswipe of a cement pole I didn't see Friday night. After a 79 in golf on Sat, some great fishing with a friend who is clearly dilutional:) this morning, capped off with a great football game; I feel satisfied. The golf will only get harder, the fishing will get easier from here on out, the Pats well what can I say they rock and clammer just needs therapy.

MikeTLive
11-08-2004, 12:36 AM
go to the big chicken barn. way the hell up there but they have some fishing junk squirrelled away. I am wishing I picked up a few of the old handlines they had.

if you head into portland, go to Norms Bar-B-Q.
theres a nice bait n tackle shop near by too.
also a few tique shops and other tourist traps :)

going further north, (stay on 195 [not 95] its shorter)
stop off in freeport at LL's outlet store.

Get dinner at the MuddyRudder. Mmm.. Crab Quesedias!!!
And their lobster stew is awesome!!

Moving firther up, in brunswick, go to "Stick-to-your-ribs Barbecue" its an old classic drive-in. I recommend you go inside if they have a clear table.

Keep on goin way the hell up, into bangor area. Go to lippincotts books and find some cool old books. Say hello to the cat.

You could even do the typical tourist thing and drive by SK's little house and get a nice peak at his cool wrought iron fence.

Head up into old-town and check out the kayak seconds at oldtown canoes.

and if you are in Bangor, you might as well go east into Charleston and eat at the countryside sat or sunday. they have an awesome breakfast buffet. It is not a tourist restaurant. the portions are large because the folks eaten them need that food to keep em going with the hard work that a life in Maine requires.

Then theres always the Governors too.

while in charleston, swing by Mike's Donuts.
If he is there you will get fresh donuts. If not too bad.
Sadly the dunkin's put a major crimp in his sales

you could swing out check on my folks cabin while you are there.

you should stay at least one night at the Sable Oaks marriott near portland. use the TFB code (Two For Breakfast) Relax in the hot tub or swim in the little indoor pool.

cheaper stay further north at the comfort-inn. free continental breakfast and another pool and hottub oportunity.

heck, I think I might have to go up there.!!!

Flaptail
11-08-2004, 08:46 AM
There were tons of small bass this weekend. Light rods and small needles did the trick. Beach fishing is not over but the fish are definetly moving.

Mr. Sandman
11-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I could be wrong but I think CH is talking a different "race" then you BF. I would bet BF is talking Race pt and CH is talking the race off fishers.

CowHunter
11-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Sorry about that, I did mean the Race off Fishers...

macojoe
11-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Have a great time!!!

I can't belive they are going to hike up the stickers agin!! after only one season!

Well I guess they see that people will pay so why not? Well I guess I will never be buying another again :peessed: