Mr. Sandman
11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
sold

Mr. Sandman
11-09-2004, 02:24 PM
sold

macojoe
11-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Wow, and I had to just buy a new truck!! What a cheap way it would be for me to update my 89 Yamaha!!

I will pass it around my circle of friends!

Good luck!!

zacs
11-09-2004, 05:45 PM
interested.
What is the shaft length?
-Zac

Mr. Sandman
11-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by zacs
interested.
What is the shaft length?
-Zac

FPX and FCX model numbers are long shaft models. The FPL and FSL are short shaft.
(these are the long models, FICHT (fuel injected) and have SST props.) I also have the oil tanks and steering linkage for the twins (I bought a new ram when I repowered).
Gauges include VOLT, RPM, SYSCHECK, TEMP for each engine. Wiring harness is also included. Also, the owners manual as well as the parts catalog, and service book. Again, you will need some experience with OBs to install all this.It is not hard but it ain't exactly "plug and play".

Mr. Sandman
11-25-2004, 09:09 AM
SB.com (pre-advertisment) deal:
$3500 takes it all (must remove them before Xmas)

and I will toss in $100 to the site and 12" Habs plug (new) to the buyer.

(that is the best deal I can do)

Mr. Sandman
11-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Sale pending.... thanks for looking. (it was the 12" Habs that did it!);)

JohnR
11-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Sandman - what was the mpg / speed WOT & cruise you were getting with both of those on there?

Mr. Sandman
11-25-2004, 11:12 AM
John,

For these engines the WOT operating range should be 4750-5250rpm and these would turn 5000 at WOT with the props I had on there. With a light load of fuel and passengers it would just hit 50mph. with a heavy load of passengers and full fuel it would hit 48.5-49.
The boat did not have a T top either.
MPG=? I really don't know, I did not have a fuel flow gauge on this boat so it would be a wild guess. When it got low on fuel I topped it off. :rolleyes: As most boaters know, fuel is probably the cheapest part of boating. They were not fuel hogs like the older carb models were but they are not as good as a 4 stroke.

To be honest, I rarely got to run that fast where I live and it was a "white knuckle" event for the kids when I did.

jim

Mr. Sandman
11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Back up for sale :rolleyes:

macojoe
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
What!! They didn't buy!! Someone is not to bright!!

zacs
11-30-2004, 09:03 PM
yeah, tell me about it:smash:

here is my dillema, maybe I can get some advice from someone on the site.

I want this engine. It is 25" shaft length and I need 20". Also, I am nervous about the transom on a 1970 boat, and I know the deck is soft and will need to be replaced at some point, and most of the boat need to be re-wired, blah blah blah, typical hole in the water to throw money at.

ANYWAY, what I really want to do is rip off the floor, rip out the old soaked foam, rebuild the stringers if necessary, rebuild the transom and add 5" height (which would kill two birds with one stone because the low transom takes a lot of water when backing down), and put on one of these bad ass 150s jim is offering out.

I wish I could do this on my own, but I can't. I wish I had enough money to go ahead and do it, but I don't. What I really need is someone who will take my merc 115 & the blown 150 in trade for the rebuild/engine install work.

I just came up with this scheme today, but I don't really even know where to look for someone that can do the work and would consider the trade.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Trayder
11-30-2004, 09:37 PM
What type of boat needs the transom/deck?

abe's rocket
11-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Have these Fitchs had the update kits? This deal seems pretty good.

That would make my Seacraft 20 fly....:p

thanks,

Abe's Rocket

zacs
12-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Trayder,

Its a 1970 Mako 19. I am in E Greenwich, so If you know anyone local that would be interested in the trade or something along those lines....the help would be greatly apreciated.

THANKS
Zac

Mr. Sandman
12-01-2004, 09:08 AM
The engines and the computers have all the current (up to 03) updates. To be perfectly honest this is a good deal and I would like to see someone who needs it at sb.com put it to use. There is a lot of life left in this engine. I put 3500 bucks into the blown engine in 03 alone! There was an electrical problem on the blown engine and I had almost everthing replaced and the computer sent in and rebuilt. It ran great all season after that, was winterized and while it was in for its spring tune up it destroyed itself at the dock at idle.(That is why I was so POed when it blew)

Its on ebay now, if it doesn't sell there I will give it to a family member who has more boats then most dealers and could put it to good use.

If you can find a better deal on a 150....you should buy it.
If you have any questions...pm me, I will give you my number and we can talk.

Trader...I use to live in E. Greenwich (tipping rock) before I moved here.:cool:

Mr. Sandman
12-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Zac, I use to live in EG (tipping rock)...it takes exaclty 1.5 hours to get here:)

You should see the emails I am getting on this ebay listing...it will take me half the day to reply (I am almost sorry I posted it)

one guy said ...2500 cash will pick up today.

but the BEST is a guy who lives in the CZ and wants me to ship it...
Dear Sir, I'm interested in your outboard engine. I saw a note that says that you don't do shipment for your goods. I live in Czech republic and I hope we can find solution to this problem. I would pay some company like UPS or TNT for shipment, or if you could send it to my relatives in Boston. Please reply to this message, I beliave we will find some way how to make a deal.

there are 12 other emails and questions I got in one day....this is just what i didn't want to get into. I just wanted a nice quiet win-win deal to a local guy that can put it to good use.

Trayder
12-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Zacs-

My father has the same boat as you, year and all,and he is looking at the same repair job. I have looked it over for him and figure it would take 2-3 weekends and about a grand with some decent sweat equity.

I have done a couple of transoms, one on a 20 seacraft and the other on an older Grady.

Knowing the lay out of your 19 I can all but gurantee you can do the transom / Deck job your self for around a grand, even less if you buy the cloth over ebay.

The job is alot more daunting than it really is. if you have any hands on skills and can cut a somewhat straight line you can do it yourself.

Trayder
12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Trader...I use to live in E. Greenwich (tipping rock) before I moved here.:cool:

huh?

Mr. Sandman
12-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I meant Zac!

JohnR
12-02-2004, 12:39 PM
I wish I could do it or justify it but I can't. These 150s would be nice on the back of another SC23. But I can't.

Sandman, if by some awful turn of events you are sitting on these come February, we'll talk....

Mr. Sandman
12-02-2004, 01:27 PM
John,
ok. I hear you.
BTW, I found a new power head for it (not too cheap but not too bad either)
.... The thought has crossed my mind to move them down into my shop and start another project....but I really don't have the time or want to get into it. I just need move on.
My son saw a speed boat with no engine for sale for $500 and is begggggging me to put this 150 on a 16' sidwinder that is so light I could just about pick it up. I told my wife it would be a death wish for our son and so far that has put the kabash on that.
I hear you though. Should these not move. I am sure I could work something with out. (But I need to physcially move these soon) You got a truck right? and you know where MV is and how to get here....that is half the battle.:)
But if I had to guess, I think they probably will sell. I am getting a lot of email response from folks (and a lot of hassle) from that ebay ad...

zacs
12-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Trayder,

Thanks for your advice. I can cut a straight line, and have a little hands on experience, and if I bought this pair, I would just spin the blown engine to pay for the materials. I am dubious of your 2-3 weekends, though. Also, I am somewhat lacking in the tool department. Add to that I just can't seem find any time these days, and am nervous that I wouldn't be able to complete the job and would have a half finished boat sitting in my garage come april!

Sandman,
I am going to start calling around and if I can find someone to rebuild my floor, transom and re-rig the boat with the 150 for $2000 or less I will hit the buy it now on your EBAY. (will I still get the HAB'S 12" :drool: ?)

If ANYONE has ANY SUGGESTIONS of someone in the west bay/south county area of Rhode Island that would do this job, please PM me.

THANKS

_Z_

Mr. Sandman
12-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks again for everyone's interest...(I think) we have a winner.
Although I am still getting emails from this fellow in the Czech Republic telling me he wants me to ship the motor to him.:rolleyes: I sent a Xmas gift to someone there once and the shipping was 2X what the gift cost and it took 13 weeks to get there. Imagine what shipping 850+ lbs of motors would cost?:smash:

abe's rocket
12-03-2004, 09:45 AM
I'd be very careful of international buyers, there are a sh*tload of scams going on out there.

Mr. Sandman
12-03-2004, 09:59 AM
The buyer is local. But I think right now since the Dollar is so weak to the Euro they get a good bang for their buck by buying US stuff. (There was no way I was going to crate this up and ship it overseas)

reelecstasy
12-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by abe's rocket Cowbell, I need more cowbell baby...
One of my favorite SNL bits...too f'n funny

JohnR
12-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
The buyer is local. But I think right now since the Dollar is so weak to the Euro they get a good bang for their buck by buying US stuff. (There was no way I was going to crate this up and ship it overseas)
\
Be very sure the buyey is paying CASH if there is any "International" bit to the transaction. I documented numerous scams where someone would list info and pictures from boattrader on Ebay and from Ebay on Boattrader. Of course, Ebay and Boattrader did little if anything to follow up on these scams.

Mr. Sandman
12-04-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't get the scam but the buyer is from the ocean state.

JohnR
12-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh - I thought you said the deal was international but the guy was picking it up local - never mind :doh:

Vectorfisher
12-06-2004, 01:33 PM
I just shipped my 225 FICHT to California $ 500.00 shipping Best part about it was I was in control told the guy too look me up in November if he was interested sure enoough he called I repowered and thats that. I got lucky the only work I had to do was crate it and bring to the shipping yard, I wish everything was that easy. Sandman trying posting to The Hull Truth