View Full Version : Eben go to your clients house

cheferson
11-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Huge pod of fish in the 20's right near your clients house, getting ready to round the corner. Had fish up to 25lbs:D :D :D all on top water too was sick. I was sight casting to them, just had to get it past the schooolies to the cows. Im going back out in the suds, good luck

Bill L
11-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey Chef, good news :cool:

RIJIMMY
11-10-2004, 03:39 PM
man, that was weird. I read toonocs message and then it changed a few seconds later. I need to get some sleep or lay off the caffeine.............:smash:

RIROCKHOUND
11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
And I'm still in F'in Denver...
Save a few for me;

rwilhelm
11-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Where :drool: :drool: :drool:

ThrowingTimber
11-10-2004, 03:59 PM
<rubs hands together> oh, oh, oh, oh, I know where. It'll cost you 1 plug and I'll take you on a guided "Eben caught a fish here tour" The Eben lost a moose here tour is 2 plugs :D

Clammer
11-10-2004, 04:00 PM
@#$%^@#$% BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFISH

Nebe
11-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh chit... the ol lady is going to kill me. I promised that i was done with night fishing till next may... hmmm, maybe i'll go out just one more time for good measure:devil:

thanks for the heads up Chef, but next time use the PM's :laughs:

tlapinski
11-10-2004, 04:48 PM
burn baby burn. :vamp:

Nebe
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Tobyyyy :smash:

ThrowingTimber
11-10-2004, 05:49 PM
:laughs:

Pt.JudeJoe
11-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Eben , it's not really night fishing.......it just gets dark in the afternoon now!:angel:

cheferson
11-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Went back out and got into them again, but this time no schoolies:D . What a sick day of fishing!! Caught them on poppers, cocahoes, storms, dannys, needles, mambo minnows, pt.jude butterfish. Had a blast today! I know where there gonna be in the morning too. Chit, there still there right now, i had to come back in cause my fingers and toes no longer had any feeling. It took me like 10 minutes to get my car key in the lock.

Nebe
11-10-2004, 06:47 PM
chef... the life fish tank at the cliff dont count :laughs:

cheferson
11-10-2004, 06:51 PM
huh, ya lost me glass blower.

Nebe
11-10-2004, 06:59 PM
It was a joke.. some resteraunts have tanks that hold live fish:smash:

cheferson
11-10-2004, 07:15 PM
No tank at the workpiece. I was so peesed today the biggest fish i caught today , i put in a tidal pool. Came back and the water had risen some and the bastage wedged himself under a boulder. I tried 5 times to get it out. I was sitting in the pool kicking under the boulder, he wouldnt budge. Now i know why they call them rockfish:smash: :smash: . I stopped trying to pry it out after thoughts of the boulder pinning me and the tide coming in.

lurch
11-11-2004, 01:56 AM
You guys are killing me!!!

Why make everyone feel like they need to be par of a special club to get this info...wouldnt this post be better in a PM??

I just think some people may feel slighted because of the post.

I can only imagine if the name of this spot was given out....this site would be on fire with requests to the admins to delete it.

So is there an Admin who can delete this post to keep things fair and balanced?

cheferson
11-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Delete this post to keep things fair and balanced????WTF , i just wanted to make sure he saw the info, as he misses my Pm's sometimes. I burned a whole tank of gas yesterday lurch, to get into this yesterday, I PUT MY TIME IN, why dont you???:confused: :confused: ;) WHat special club???You mean a friend? Eben has schooled me on a lot, and has thrown me a few bones in the spring, so im tossing one back.If you asked, lurch i would have been more then happy to give you a hint to the general area, even though you have never went out of your way to help me previously.

lurch
11-11-2004, 07:10 AM
I meant no harm in the post I know if someone asked where this spot was and got a reply (even in a PM) folks would have been pi$$ed which is the reason why I did not ask putting you in a position to get yelled at by the folks of this forum. Now I do not know the area but it just seems that if someone even named the town it seems to me that folks here would get pi$$ed.

I just felt that IMO the post should have said somthing like "EBEN, check your PMs, there is good info for you" because they way it read to me was that this spot is secret and only the folks who know you would only benefit. IMO this post had no benefit to all the users of this forum so it should have been in a PM. If you said in your post that "The pattern I have been seeing down in SoCo is that the big stripers are down so let the jigs fall as they are chasing macks and if you left it on top you would lose jigs as the blues were going crazy" that would be ok with me.

BTW, I do put plenty of time in and I spent over $300 on gas investigating spots on the canal and outer beaches on a week in October...have you ever seen me ask for specific spots...no because I know where to fish for stripers and blue fish and most likley know where they would be based upon structure, although I do ask for help in certain situations though....I find the structure by using topo maps and charts combining that info with a street map to find places to park. I feel that if I asked for a specific spot I would get the "put your time in" reply. However I have recieved PMs with replys helping me and I thank everyone for the info they give me.

The thing I like about the many sites that I am on is that everyone shares information and I have learned SO much in the short time I have been on this site and I have been fishing for many years.

So Maybe you now know why I posted the first message.

Thanks

RIJIMMY
11-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey Chef, if I may, I'll add a little to Lurch's comments.
If you walk into a room of starving people eating a big roast beef sandwich, its bound to cause resentment. Even though you worked for the money to buy that sandwich, other can't help but want to eat it with you and would be happier if you went and ate it in private or shared it in private with your friends.

spence
11-11-2004, 08:58 AM
I don't think there was any harm intended, although the room of starving people analogy above is pretty spot on...pun indended :D

-spence

RIJIMMY
11-11-2004, 09:01 AM
I;m so hungry my stomach hurts. I'm hoping to get my fill Saturday morning....winds looks from the N, lame.....:smash:

Bronko
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Yea Chef, take this as a compliment of sorts. For most of the Mass. guys who have seen the season START to come to a close it's not easy seeing a post like that. Heck you were on a pod of 20lb fish long enough to make trips back inside two times and post messages on the internet? You also knew were they were at the moment you were typing and where they'd be in the morning? For some of us who are still scaping the bottom of the canal for 13" fish, this is rather disheartening. I read your posts and know you are a fine fisherman, but teasing grown men isn't a nice thing to do:rolleyes: I guess a pm or a phone call would have been better in order to relay that type of message. I thought about calling everybody in SoCo and ask if they were one of Eben's clients! :tm: Anyway, I am hardly a free speech Nazi, just doing my best do interpert some of the other guys objections to your post. Keep up the good work. I may try SoCO next weekend for my first and only trip of the year! Maybe we will cross paths!

lurch
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
GREAT reply!!!

It is not like the person walking in to the room with the sandwich ment any harm either....

bloocrab
11-11-2004, 09:26 AM
:confused: .....IMO - this post did 3 things, - - -

1. It let those who are NOT fishing KNOW that there are still fish to be caught.

2. It let those who are NOT fishing KNOW that there are still fish to be caught.

3. It let everyone know that cheferson is still catching fish ;)

If there weren't any members posting about still catching fish ..........there would be posts like ...."Is anyone still catching fish?"....It's a no-win situation :smash:

RIJimmy.....about your comment - It's not cheferson's fault that he waited in line at that grinder shop until he finally got his roastbeef...unlike those who feel like it's a waste of time to wait in line...and just want cheferson to order 2 sandwhiches and give them one of his. Why should he hide his sandwhich?....he waited in line.....not at home ;)

The Dad Fisherman
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
If I buy you a Roast Beef Sandwich will you show me where the fish Are? I'll even throw in some fries.....:D

lurch
11-11-2004, 09:46 AM
mmmmmm...roast beef!!!

FishermanTim
11-11-2004, 09:53 AM
MMMMMMMM Roast beef on an onion roll and BBQ sauce and spicy fries sound REALLY good.
Then again, so does a 20+ lb'er as well.

Nebe
11-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Eben
Oh chit... the ol lady is going to kill me. I promised that i was done with night fishing till next may... hmmm, maybe i'll go out just one more time for good measure:devil:

thanks for the heads up Chef, but next time use the PM's :laughs:

well if it makes you guys feel any better I didnt catch a thing. :smash:

And, as you can see, I did ask the Chef to use PM's next time.

Fishpart
11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I want a sandwich, but I don't want to drive 100 miles round trip to wait in line, is that Chef's fault????? No, I don't expect him to buy me a sandwich, but it is OK if he tells his friends where the sandwich shop is.

Lots of times we get pictures of guys bailing fish in blitzes at what is clearly location X or Y this time of year.

I think this is a good post, it says "Hey, there are still nice fish around", it doesn't say "Hey, everybody park right here and cast right here"

lurch
11-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Ill take a schoolie right now!!!

Been slim pickins for me from P-town to the canal.

Need to hit RI anyone want to give me SPECIFIC spots...just kidding ;)

Nebe
11-11-2004, 10:09 AM
try this one :bshake:

cheferson
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey lurch wanna go out for some roast beef sandwhiches?:D :D

rwilhelm
11-11-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't think there was anything wrong with Chef's post. If anything it got me fired up to fish this am.

hooked
11-11-2004, 01:15 PM
The only thing wrong is that Eben's client doesn't live north of Cape Ann.

Striperknight
11-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Tell those fish they are suppose to be going south!

ThrowingTimber
11-11-2004, 03:31 PM
take your skirts off.... stop your whining and GO FISH....
Buncha friggin mary's in here....
Who left the door open?

cheferson
11-11-2004, 06:11 PM
:laughs: :laughs:

bart
11-11-2004, 06:30 PM
jealousy rears its ugly head :rolleyes:

what TT said....

lurch
11-11-2004, 06:42 PM
I am getting spanked :)

Eben,
Isnt that spot in P-town ;).

I hear ya RW I am bypassing the cape and canal and heading to RI because of the information. I just found out that a person I work with lived in Westerly and Charlestown gave me some smokin looking spots....Ill post the exact locations, GPS coordinates and parking locations so these spots can be destroyed in seconds....yea yea thats the ticket!!!

Maybe Ill see some of you there and we can share a roast beef samich!

MikeTLive
11-11-2004, 07:14 PM
I have never been turned down when I have politely asked in a PM if someone will share more info on where a particular spot is...
...course, I aint hardly ever asked either :)

Keep on pluggin!

seadogface
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Man I'm done till spring. 2 kids & the wife need to get to know me again - till the fish come back.
I love to read about you guys still working the fish. It brings back my memories which is all I'll have till spring. I can't eat the sandwich but I still enjoy the smell.
Who knows - I may snap - jump in the car with my gear - drive due south - follow the coast till I start hooking up again.
Or I may build my dory & wait & read about you blessed, sleepy-eyed, cold, sore thumbed, & happy plug poping, bait smelling, grinning ear to ear, lucky slobs who live where the fish are.
Keep fishing - Keep posting - Keep me going till spring.