View Full Version : Red Sox -Free Agency ..Not looking GOOD!

bud8fan
11-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Was listening to the SCORE 99.7 FM today and from the sounds of things the Sox are gonna be cheap now that they won the WS!

Seems like Cabrera is not even a consideration..........
So I assume they will settle for Pokey and his great glove and no bat!

Varitek's agent mentioned 5yrs 50 million and a no trade clause which AINT GONNA HAPPEN from the Sox!

Cause then they will have to give Manny a No trade also!

Rumor is they are gonna really try and trade Ramirez also!

Lowe isnt coming back because of concerns off the field! He is a party animal and wants a long term contract.

They have interest in Pavano but experts dont think that will happen either.

They feel that Pedro will probably settle for the hometown discount and be back?

Without Varitek!!!!! We wont be thinking World Series for a while thats for sure!!!!

Oh well at least they finally won it!

What ya figure? Another 86yrs?????

Mike P
11-11-2004, 09:38 PM
5 years at $10 mill per, with a no-trade, is a steep price to pay for a 33 year old catcher. They start breaking down---look at Piazza. Hasn't played a full season since what, 1999?

Wonder what it would take to pry Pudge Rodriguez loose from the Tigers? I think he only has 1 or 2 years left on his deal and he can't be happy losing 90 games a year up there ;)

As far as shortstops go---Vizquell, Vizcaino, Larkin, Renteria, and Craig Counsell are all free agents.

Manny's trade value has never been higher. You're not going to get chump change in return for him.

Tell ya what---I'll take Epstein straight-up in return for the new Mets GM---deal? Don't worry, he'll have about $150 mil to spend and he'll spend it wisely.

bud8fan
11-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Mike,

Word is the Sox brass want to keep it under $125 Million.......

I will take Renteria in a heartbeat but if I were a betting man if they are gonna pass on Cabrera then they will settle for Reese............................

Dead on with Varitek and his age! Heck Piazza is a 1st baseman now due to his knees!

And the sox have plenty of 1st basemen! Well that is if they are smart and keep Mienkewitz(spelling wrong but you get the idea).

Anyone for some JDaniels?

afterhours
11-12-2004, 07:46 AM
looks like varitek/boras is pricing himself right out of town.

methinks pedro will follow the "green" line outta here.

cabrera wants long term.

sounds like lowe's not even a thought.

i'm hearing payroll of 125-130 mil. i trust this management to put a good product on the field next season. pavano, radkee(sp), glaus, methenie(sp), etc, a lot of talent out there. theo's the real deal and i think we can trust him.