View Full Version : Nantucket photos

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 01:54 PM
Here's a few shots from our recent trip, showing that my wife kicked my butt in the fishing department. She's got the knack and although I caught more fish, all her fish were better quality.

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 01:55 PM
Karen's first keeper bass.

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 01:56 PM
Someone had to catch the bait.

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 01:59 PM
Most of the fish were between 3-6lbs., but they were fun and most importantly, they were around.

JohnR
10-10-2001, 01:59 PM
Greg - you realize that you could look like my skinny runt brother (if I had one - I'm the runt)

I'm seeing a trend - everytime you go away with the wife, she out fishes you. Now why is it that when we fish together - you sacre the fish away? I'm gonna dump you and start fishing with your wife :p

I see that you are also subjecting your daughter to the trauma of wearing Tevas with sweat socks - have you no mercy?

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 02:03 PM
Ok, that wasn't a 3-6lber. but she grilled up nice... that would be my first mate. Here's a fish picture. We didn't get too many fish shots, 'cause when one of us hooked up, the other would grab a rod asap.

Mr. Sandman
10-10-2001, 02:10 PM
nice photos of fish and familyon nantucket.....the way it should be! Is that a great place or what?

chris L
10-10-2001, 02:14 PM
greg looks like you had a good time !
john his wife is alot better looking than he is too ! Ive thought the same thing you guys could be brothers !

greg does your daughter like to fish ?

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 02:16 PM
White socks and tevas... what can I say, I'm a trend setter, a fashion template, the mecca of style. Nothings to good for my daughter.

Yeah, Karen steps up when she gets out there. She was a pretty good athlete in college and high school so she gets competitive... she played hoops and gets mad that I can drain "3's" on her all day when we play. I think she gets a measure of revenge when she outfishes me.

She loves surf casting on the beach. She gets right in the wash and fires it out there. That first picture shows it all. Soakin' wet. Bloody. She's ain't no sissy chick.

But as you pointed out, she kicked my butt in florida in march too. I guess I'll have to re-establish the pecking order the next time we go out.

schoolie monster
10-10-2001, 02:30 PM
Chris, my daughter does like to fish. She doesn't quite have the patience to stick with it yet 'cause she's only 4 but that's to be expected. I take her to the local pond and she catches sunnies... then starts to throw rocks and swim and get crazy. That's alright though.

She also helped reel in and land some schoolies out in the boat one day over the summer (she manned the boga grip), she helped me crank in a monster 3lb. blue over in nantucket, and she caught her own tinker blue (which I have a photo of and will post up).

I'm hoping to get a nicer boat this spring and plan to have her come out with me a bit.

Hopefully it will end up being something we can share forever.

Sandman, I love the island in September. Its so quiet and the weather is usually fantastic... just starting to get that fall feel at night. I usually get up early and cruise the beach, then we all spend the day out on the beach, fish in the evening and take in a great sunset, then snuggle up with the family for a movie when it gets windy and cold outside. Perfect day if you ask me. Its too bad that by the time I'm able to start thinkin' about vacation homes, etc. it will cost $3million for a straw hut by the dump. For now, I'll enjoy the couple times a year I get over there.

chris L
10-10-2001, 02:39 PM
shes a fisher thats for sure . cant expect anymore from a 4 yr old . Watch out she'll be outfishing you too before long . Its the right thing to let the ladies out fish ya , it keeps them coming back to out shine the "man" . My 3 yr old loves to remind me that Im the only boy out of 5 ladies ( cats included ) . "daddy your a boy and we are 5 girls " " daddy you cant come its for girls only " and when I go fishing at night " tonite is girls nite daddy and you cant come "
hehehehehe ya got luvem . Im still her bestest buddy .

Slipknot
10-10-2001, 06:40 PM
Nice pictures SM, I guess you guys had a blast on your vacation. I would love to have a wife that could outfish me., I'm jealous.
That looks like some awesome beach over there.

JohnS
10-11-2001, 06:19 AM
Ya guy's outfished me I only had one almost hit. It's a great family spot as greg has pointed out. Fishing could be outstanding from time to time to I would imagine. Nice place to relax and take in the Sunset.

JohnS