View Full Version : GPS effected?

Jaiem
10-10-2001, 03:43 PM
To those who use GPS either from shore or boat, now that the war has been joined have you seen any change in the GPS system? I wonder if the militray has changed the signals.

JohnR
10-10-2001, 03:45 PM
Good question... but I read that they can regulate it by region so it should have no impact on the rest of the world...

Clammer
10-10-2001, 08:01 PM
not as of today, but a lp tanker left the port of Providence, out in front was the coast Guard clearing the way, and on each side were patrol boats with mounted ,manned machine guns, You best believe this #^&#^&#^&#^& is for real////////////

Jaiem
10-11-2001, 08:14 AM
John - I'd imagine they would turn it down locally (our area) too so as to prevent a terrorist from using it to pin point targets. Come to think of it, several times last year I saw guys with hand held GPS's walking around downtown. At the time I didn't think much of it, I figured they were just playing around. But now.......who knows.

Clam - I was offshore at the canyon the weekend after 9/11. An S-3 Viking plane buzzed our boat twice. Came so low we could clearly see the pilots waving back at us!