View Full Version : Best cell phone plans for RI??

cheferson
11-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Finally gonna break down and get a cell phone. Any advice/opinions on the various companies and their plans? Prices, coverage, deals, free phones, any thing you guys can throw at me.
Thanks

Bronko
11-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Chef, Let me preface this buy saying that in my dealings both business and personal (cell phone) Verizon sucks to deal with. I had a nightmare trying to get them to install some equipment etc., and billing issues arise a lot.

However, they do have the best cellular network out there hands down. I have talked to tons of people with the other plans and they all complain about signal problems and being out of cell range. With Verizon, you generally have a darn good network and dropped calls are few and far between. Every company has their issues with the network, but Verizons seem to be less frequent.

If they could get their customer service on par with their network they would be great.

MakoMike
11-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I have T-Mobile, no problem with coverege in the state. $40 buck a month gets you 1,000 free minutes and unlimited calls between cell phones. Comes in handy for my wife and I. They also usually have a free phone deal.