View Full Version : can we add this category to the yearlong tourney?

tlapinski
11-18-2004, 01:50 PM
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/l/m/lmt170/squirrelfishing.html

ThrowingTimber
11-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Mink fishing (http://www.conservationcafe.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000634;p=0)

mrmacey
11-18-2004, 04:20 PM
one was too funny cause it is so real I can just imagine the prudes on the commons in boston saying leave them alone!:laughs:

Jimbo
11-18-2004, 04:57 PM
My 8 year old and I got bored one summer's afternoon when we were sweating it out in Central NJ and rigged up some 5' kids Snoopie rods with some cat toys that looked like fuzzie mice with long tails. I cut open the body and crammed some canned catfood in and we sitting in lounge chairs on the back patio casting out into the yard for turkey vultures and birds of prey. If you rig it right you can make a fake mouse look like it's really running thru the grass. Some falcon like bird showed a little interest, but we got skunked the first time out (I think turkey vultures like fresh kill). Although it was truly a relaxing day of fishing.

FishermanTim
11-22-2004, 02:27 PM
When I was a kid I used to catch pigeons for fun. The first attempts were always the box with a stick holding one side up.
A string was tied to the stick, and bait was placed around the box.
I found that even though breadcrumbs work, they seemed to like Cheerios better. The bird would eat the bait, and walk under the box, you pull the string, the stick pops out and the box falls over the bird. Simple enough and effective.
As I got better at this, and the birds got a little weary of the box, I changed my tactics. I would make a snare out of kite string, place it on the ground, and drop Cheerios around it. When the pigeons show up (as they always would) I would wait until they stepped into the snare, and presto, a "pigeon-kite" great for a few laughs. I'd reel it in, set it free, and try for another.

Christian
11-23-2004, 07:32 AM
ive done the squirrel fishing before.
a piece of corn cob with some peanut butter works better. haha.
squirrel plugs.