View Full Version : Please Welcome Jimbo

RickBomba
11-25-2004, 10:07 PM
As a full fledged member of the Bombardier family!
Qualifications for membership include:
#1) Holiday Mayhem
#2) Needing to cook for the aforementioned Mayhem
#3) Kids with mono
#4) Last minute disappearing guests
#5) Crazy stories
#6) Balding (I can't really remember, I'm embelleshing)
#7) Embelleshing on crazy stories
#8) Spending money on free range turkeys (I can't believe you beat me to this one, I've been tellling people for years not to buy frozen turkeys. I hope you noticed the difference)
#9) Turkey brining (and not being easily defeated when he couldn't find juniper berries...I hear he harvested them from the wild!) Us Bomba's be mad hunters and gatherers!

In short, no matter what crazy, mad-cap debacles that befell our newfound brother, I believe he learned the greatest lesson of all...No holiday dinner will ever, I MEAN EVER, taste as good as what you had to eat today!
I'm tippin am Altimura 2000 Cab for ya right now, homie! You did well in the face of adversity!
Only problem is, everybody gonna want you to cook now for them...FOREVER!!!
That means everybody!
You did well Bubbah!
Later,
Rick

RickBomba
11-25-2004, 11:18 PM
AAAND now tippin the 2000 vintage Dow's port.
This stuff is the shiznit! Forget the pumpkin pie, it's dessert all to itself!
OK time for bed.
Later,
Rick

BigFish
11-26-2004, 09:11 AM
The Bombas, I believe are over marinated!:uhuh: :gu: :laugha:

tlapinski
11-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
The Bombas, I believe are over marinated!:uhuh: :gu: :laugha: ran into Mikey last night. nothing like sitting in a bar in H-town talking bass over a beer. :gu:

RickBomba
11-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, he called me last night to tell me about it!
He couldn't understand why I went home; i couldn't quite get across to him how hard it would've been to work at 5 in the morning the next day!
My bro was definately overmarinated!
Off to a wedding now; I'll be up for 24 hours by the time this hellish day is over.
Later,
Rick

Rappin Mikey
11-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah, fish talk and beer.

Jimbo
11-28-2004, 11:51 AM
You Bomba's are too kind for words, welcoming me to the fold like that. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship (I need a relative with access to a four wheel drive, in exchange I bring to the table a family tree that goes back to the Mayflower and a place to stop over in W. Dennis or NJ).
We persevered on Turkey Day with six of 18 showing up, two were two hours late because they...well whatever it was I can be thankful for they did it on the way and not in my house. One of the joys of a range-fed, antibiotic-free, 18lb., slow cooked, brined turkey is it doesn't dry out if some of your guests stop on the way to sample mushrooms. I was a little bummed the brandy pyrotechnics I had planned didn't pan out, but the dish was a success and gave some of the younger crowd a new appreciation for brussels sprouts. I was feeling no pain after the Yellowtail Cab-Sauv-Blanc kicked in, the better part of two bottles and some Frangelica later I declared it a total success in the face of adversity and called it a day.
Well now, my new brothers, to whom should I send my xmas list?

RickBomba
11-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Probably me, I'm the one with the money.
Later,
Rick

chris L
11-29-2004, 12:42 PM
jimbo
does your family tree have branches ?

Jimbo
11-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Something tells me I'm walking into a trap on this, but yes, ChrisL, the family tree has some pretty long branches. As a matter of fact with college costs rising I'm hoping the Mayflower Society and the D.A.R. can cough up scholarships for my girls.

Brother Rick - My list is short. I want Teri Hatcher for one night (preferably on a full moon) without my wife holding it against me. I want the Gibbs SKipper back that I lost at West Dennis Beach back in September, and I want my 9 year old's arm to get better; I miss her doing cartwheels thru the house while she sings to herself.

Rappin Mikey
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
:laughs:

chris L
11-29-2004, 03:07 PM
and you werent raised in a trailer park right ?

Jimbo
11-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Nope. Actually, if you look across LI Sound from roughly where you are right now and see the red and white LILCO stacks, that's where my life's journey began (though there's pretty compelling evidence I was conceived on Cape Cod after a clam bake in '57).

chris L
12-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Ok final question its a 2 parter
you do have all your own teeth ?
if you answered yes , what is the percentage that are rotting (black) ?

Jimbo
12-01-2004, 11:23 AM
I still don't know where this is going, ChrisL, but truthfully, I'm three feet tall, have no teeth my head is flat on top.

chris L
12-01-2004, 11:29 AM
your eddie munster ?
your a herman doll ?