View Full Version : Great Day

Got Stripers
11-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Nothing like quantity and quality. The quantity I expected, but some fresh fish slow to move south or just stopping by for a rest and feed, made this morning one to remember. An easy 75 fish day, but the ten or more over 24" and two keepers, made for a lot of fun on freshwater bass gear:). When your catching them in 2 feet of water it's even better, the fight is that more more intense.

The first keeper of the day actually broke me off and damn near broke my rod to boot. Hit near the boat and then ran right under the bow putting my rod right on the gunnel, around the trolling motor and gone. I had another one later almost come out of the water to grab my split tail and I had to do some dancing to not break that one off on such a short line.

Drew and I had a blast, hope to repeat again, hopefully they will hang in for a time. Here are a couple we brought home for the grille.http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/stripers.jpg

Jenn
11-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Tis the season! The ground will be covered in snow and GS will be our life support throught the winter with pics of freshly caught bass!!!

Nice fishees:D

Got Stripers
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
It's a tough job Jenn, but someone has to do it:). We'll have to shoot for a striped-bass winter fling, put a few boats on the Thames and we can get a bunch of people out to catch a few. We can rotate people between the boats and some key shore spots I can point out. I know schoolie monster will trailer, maybe one more boat and we can shuttle a bunch out to catch a few, it only costs you a 3 day CT freshwater fishing license at $12 or something. If not, I'm always looking for company, to share the fun and the expense of the 3 hours of hauling the boat. I've got the boat cleaned out and geared for winter, soon the sand, shovel and ice breaking gear will have to be dusted off too.

Rappin Mikey
11-28-2004, 09:00 AM
I would be reelly interested in something like that. Make it happen! Bump

Jenn
11-28-2004, 03:46 PM
It's a tough job Jenn, but someone has to do it

No one will deny your dedication thats for sure!!! Its always refreshing in the dead of winter when you post tales of catching and pics to really make us drool!

Iwannakeeper
11-29-2004, 08:06 AM
I would be interested in going in on one of those trips.

Got Stripers
11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Only one 28" fish today, took a monday off, but the other 84 fish made up for it:).