View Full Version : tackledirect.com

blue oyster
11-27-2004, 10:17 AM
i am thinking of ordering a reel through tackle direct , but i have never done any business with them , has anyone used them , if so were you happy with the results

thefishingfreak
11-27-2004, 10:52 AM
check out mikecc's place. www.capecodtackle.com
support your local dealers:)

PurpelNoon
11-27-2004, 01:47 PM
I have dealt with them before and they seemed pretty good. Returned my e-mails with friendly responses. Helped me track down a past receipt, and handled a return no questions asked.

BernOC
11-27-2004, 03:00 PM
After searching around they seem to have the best price on Simms freestone bootfoots waders for next season. I'm hoping these are more durable but just as comfortable as my Orvis silverlabels (which only last me about a season without having to deal with repairs or exchanges)

Rappin Mikey
11-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Mike CC's, I would second that recommendation!

BobT
11-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Definitely...........go see Mike. He'll give you a good deal and great service.

Rob Rockcrawler
11-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Definatly go to mike, i dont know him too well but he seems like a hell of a nice guy and hes got everything you will need.

leptar
11-28-2004, 02:11 AM
I've ordered from tackle direct in the past and was very happy with the experience.

Raider Ronnie
11-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I've made my last on/line or over the phone credit card transaction!!!
Got a call from my credit card co. early Fri. morning about a whole bunch of transactions on my card made over night!
(thankfull they denied most all of them)
THIS IDENTITY THEFT STUFF THATS BEEN ON THE NEWS IS SCARY SCHIET!!!

afterhours
11-28-2004, 08:33 AM
gotta suport our locals! seen way too many go away...

fishweewee
11-28-2004, 09:57 AM
I've ordered a ton of shtuff from Tackle Direct (they're in NJ if I'm not mistaken.)

Stuff always came real fast (more often next day!).

I had no problems with them.

-WW

JHABS
11-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Go to Cape Cod tackle , You get service there and if there is a problem you dont have to mail it back.......................

Hooper
11-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Used them, no problems

doyle007
11-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I use TD quite a bit, but I have the option of supporting my local guy as well, since the Tackle Direct store is about five minutes from my house. It's a pretty cool store, but definitely on the up-scale side of things. Lots of dark, rich wood making up the counter, rod stands, and shelves.

Anyway, their prices are good, and the guys that work there are nice and helpful. I worked for the owner of TD about 12 years ago, when he owned a rental boat / gas dock / dockside restaurant. He was a good guy to work for.

If you can support your local guy and get a good price on something, then buy it there. If you're buying something and TD or another online place has a great price on it, then buy it there. It's your call.

kippy
11-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I agree with going through Mike at Cape Cod Tackle. Great prices and service.
:btu:

Diamond Tackle
11-28-2004, 07:58 PM
they had Penn 706z's for 80 bucks last year, so i ask the guy how many u got in stock?..ok ,ill take em all. they sent me a free 1/4 #spool of Ande clear 20# with each reel,and i got them in 2 days. good guys..but yes i also agree support your local shops whenever possible.

bluefish
11-28-2004, 08:16 PM
huge thumbs up! never ever had a problem. shipping is super fast and the website is very easy to navigate. For a while they were selling 704's and 706's for $66 a pop! I loaded the friggin boat with brand new in the box reels.......

maddog2020
11-28-2004, 08:17 PM
mike @ M&D's (capecodtackle.com). Supports this site and has great prices. He stands behind what he sells and isn't going to sell you junk.

You can order online and save yourself the drive if you don't have the time down. He can put on the line and carries lots of other goodies as well. :D

Buy local - support these shops or nex time you need tackle or bait you won't have any place to get it from. :(

pops
11-28-2004, 09:08 PM
td has given me great service in the past ...calling to follow up backorders
I bought my simms from them when all other stores where carrying
xxxx sizes , im a large /11 sounds easy till you try to find it td had it.

bassmaster
11-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Tinman
they had Penn 706z's for 80 bucks last year, so i ask the guy how many u got in stock?..ok ,ill take em all. they sent me a free 1/4 #spool of Ande clear 20# with each reel,and i got them in 2 days. good guys..but yes i also agree support your local shops whenever possible.
will You hurry up and join here Tnman

Saltheart
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
I checked out the site and on some random products , prices were better at Capecodtackle.com

Mr. Sandman
11-29-2004, 07:13 PM
local vs online...

I don't have a problem with online buying but my local guy grins when he sees me walk in the door too. I buy a lot of gear from my local guy and the big ticket items (like those costly reels) he cuts me a real nice break so it is in-line with the onliners. He knows I can go elsewhere if the price is not reasonable.
While there is a place for both retailers, personally I have feel it is more important to support the local guy...why? Try getting local fishing info out of your online guy. I can't tell you how much "priceless" info I have gotten from my local guy which has led to some priceless days on the water for me and my family.
IMO, if you spend some time (and spend some coin) in the local shop...they will take care of you. (its more then just the lowest price)
But there are some things I know he will not carry or really doesn't want to get into so I will go online for that kind of speciality thing.

Before you guy online...just ask your local guy what can he do for you on such and such.

spence
11-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Patronize your local shops. Build a relationship and they will treat you like a king. Well worth the extra cost, if any...often they are the same price or cheaper.

And if you don't see it ASK!

-spence

Diamond Tackle
11-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I totally agree with you guys on supporting your local shop. In fact I go out of may way to send my fav shops here NJ NEW customers esp for example when a guy on the beach who is obviously new to surf fishing asks me where to get straight info and fresh bait and a good deal on a combo and some good plugs etc. Thats the kind of business your favorite local shop is looking for. Many times that same new cust comes back for waders, surfbag, raingear,a rod rack,another complete outfit for his wife or kid etc. Thats how i get a big grin next time i walk in the place.

Hip
12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Your everywhere dude! TD is good people. I agree though. Support your local shops.