View Full Version : Wal-Mart Fine Jewelry?

BigFish
11-30-2004, 04:44 PM
I can see it now....."Will you marry me?"......"Yes, I will marry you....where did you ever find such a beautiful ring?":love: "Why, at Wal-mart of course dear!":shocked: "Get lost honey!":smash:

Have you seen the Wal-Mart commercials touting their "Fine Jewelry"?:D What a joke!:laugha:

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers....blue light special in the engagement ring aisle!:laughs:

basswipe
11-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Just got a TV there real cheap.

BigFish
11-30-2004, 04:57 PM
"And honey....the best part is I got this 2 karat engagement ring for only $19.99 with the 40% off coupon from Sundays paper!":smash:

"Plus it was "buy one karat and get the 2nd karat free" day!":rolleyes:

spence
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Just what America needs. More cheap crap from China...

There's a good article out today. Wal-Mart's inventory of Chinese made goods is up to 18 BILLION dollars.

I understand why some people like (or need) the low prices, but you're selling America's soul.

-spence

afterhours
11-30-2004, 06:12 PM
can you say tariffs. gotta level the playing field.

redneck24
11-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
"And honey....the best part is I got this 2 karat engagement ring for only $19.99 with the 40% off coupon from Sundays paper!":smash:

"Plus it was "buy one karat and get the 2nd karat free" day!":rolleyes:

and a free spongebob watch :happy:

Nebe
11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
F-ing walmart :mad:

Target is just as bad:mad:

BigFish
11-30-2004, 08:15 PM
You mean....Target'?:D

tynan19
11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
My wife told me that one of her coworkers husband bought a ring at Wal Mart and put it in a Tiffany's Bag. Needless to say that the women was not very happy when she had the ring appraised

spence
11-30-2004, 08:42 PM
That would get me shot :eek:

-spence

Diamond Tackle
11-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by tynan19
My wife told me that one of her coworkers husband bought a ring at Wal Mart and put it in a Tiffany's Bag. Needless to say that the women was not very happy when she had the ring appraised

For some reason that made me think of that scene in Armageddon where Steve Buscemi's charachter "hounddog" is in the bar ,and tells the girl that just got engaged that her ring is actually a fake, and she immediately accepts a drink from him.
Too Funny.:D

tynan19
11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by spence
That would get me shot :eek:

-spence

My wife would be able to tell right away. She has a nack for that. Poor Me. I feel scared walking around with my wife in ceedy areas.

redneck24
12-01-2004, 10:13 AM
try having a jeweler for a wife. poor me.:wall:

beamie
12-01-2004, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't trust a place like Walmart for "fine" jewelery. Like stated more crap from China.

But if one ever knew the mark up on Diamonds is incredible. Everyone that handles it is making a big buck. The mark up is hundreds if not thousands percent of what it is actually worth.

Like Spence said your selling americas soul. The lower prices seem nice but do you realize that workers in China or espercially in the Philipines are making less than a dollar a day.

These big companies don't just go overseas to save you money. They are increasing THIER profit margine buy 10 fold.

Eventually there will be no one in this country who will know how to make sneakers or clothing or god forbid fishing rods. They will all be made overseas. But what happens when these overseas countries start getting more industrialized. Those profit margines will go down, then what?

It is a vicious business cycle.

Motor Fish
12-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
"Will you marry me?"......"Yes, I will marry you....where did you ever find such a beautiful ring?":love: "Why, at Wal-mart of course dear!":shocked: "Get lost honey!":smash:

My sister's EX husband made this mistake. At least I think he did. He was a cheap SOB and he worked at Walmart too. He must have gotten the ring there. What a Scumbag!

FishermanTim
12-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Do you think that Wal-mart might try including a coupon for a discount divorce with their rings?

This made me think of aline from the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour"
Ron White said the the Debeers Co. (diamond merchants) have almost gotten to the point of "truth in advertising".

First it was "Diamonds... they'll take her breath away.
Next it was "Diamonds... render her speachless"

Why don't they say exactly what they mean:
"Diamonds..... yeah, that'll shut her up....for now!"

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Bass Nut
12-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Aw honey, This year I'm a gonna git you that NASCAR pendant made of of beer can tops you been askin' for.

I might git myself a new, bigger belt buckle whilst I am there too.

bart
12-01-2004, 02:56 PM
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: