View Full Version : KMart Advertising

Newboater
12-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Ya, I'm grumpy. Went to WalMart to get my kids the new Harry Potter movie. No problem.

Saw the sign for 'Seinfeld' It read:

Get 3 complete seasons of Seinfeld $38.74

So I looked and there were two boxes. 1 said Seasons 1 and 2 and the second said Season 3. I looked up at the sign and again read 'Get 3 Complete Seasons of Seinfeld - $38.74. Not bad, about 19 bucks and change apiece.

So I took the 2 boxes up to the counter and clerk scanned them. Opps EACH were $38.74.

When I asked management they said 'Well the manufacturer makes the signs not us'

Needless to say I put the boxes back on the shelf and watched the clerk take down the advertisement sign.

Should have insisted they honor the sign for me first.

Bait and Switch ???

Sarge

cheferson
12-01-2004, 09:08 AM
Hell yeah, false advertising.

FishermanTim
12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
you should have stuck to your guns.
if they make the mistake of posting an incorrect price (in your favor of course) make a big stink. The customer can usually win out.

Here's one that worked in my favor....
I went to Home Depot on Friday for some early morning sales.
I wanted the Ryobi 10 inch drill press ($87.00) and the 16" McCullough chain saw ($79.00)

Well, the saws were still in their original shipping shrink-wrap on the skids on the floor. Unknown to me, the failed to seperate the items, so when I picked up one "package" containing what I thought was one chain saw, I found out that it was two saws. What a bargain, 2 for 1.
In their haste to be ready for "Black Friday", they failed to fully check their stock. (I went back on Saturday and they rest were seperated.)

"Let the buyer beware, and the seller be alert."