View Full Version : Favorite fishing book

Pete F.
12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
I have to give credit to Adson for this thread.
So the question is: What is your favorite fishing book?
You know the one you read at the end of every season and before the beginning of the next, it's on the shelf under your nightstand, always close at hand and your wife says have'nt you read that book before?

adson
12-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Reading the Water is always a good quick read because each of the chapters is a different story.

what are some of the older classics that you guys have on the shelf ? or wish you still had on the shelf ?

NIB
12-02-2004, 10:06 AM
I used to pick up Striper Surf all the time an read thru it but since frank has been on the internet i no longer look at his stuff in the same regards.Sorrry but its true.i like reading john Cole.on the run was a pretty good read.i really don't make time to read since i got this puter thats sad also.

reelecstasy
12-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by adson Reading the Water is always a good
Sitting on my desk right now in front of me, along with On The Run, and 20 yrs>>>>

tynan19
12-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Anything Fishy. I love reading about the history of the sport. Anything about the experiences of the 60's and early 70's.

Krispy
12-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Bass from the Beach - Tim Coleman

TunaCell
12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Guy Harvey's illustrated version of Old Man and the Sea, the complete book of Striped Bass Fishing by Nick Karas, and Twelve Days of Terror.

Backbeach Jake
12-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Twenty Years has secrets. You need to read it over and over and then lights start going on. I've read mine every winter since I bought it 10 years ago. It's pristine compared to Flaptail's.

Tagger
12-02-2004, 07:44 PM
say what u want ....Franky can write...I like the family element in 20yrs too...sad to read about how the beaches use to be,,gone forever ..days on . off..drive 75 miles on the beach .. must have been some great summers. I had his wife sign my book .. she caught all the fish ..:rolleyes:

justplugit
12-02-2004, 09:06 PM
The best plug book i ever read is the
collectors encyclopedia -"Creek Chub" that Tagger put me onto:) Alot of stareing material:hihi:Thanks Eddy:D

ProfessorM
12-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Got an original signed copy of Reading The Water by Robert Post I bought on the Vineyard in Feb. 1989. I am pretty sure the author passed away several years ago. The book that I read lately that I found interesting is Night Tides by Michael Cinquemani. Based on the south shore of Long Island. Good easy read. Not a lot of how too's but if you like stories about big fish you will like this. My sister in law lives on Long Beach in N.Y. and sent it to me. If you can't find it PM me and I will mail it to whom ever and you can mail it back when you are done. P.M.

CANAL RAT
12-03-2004, 04:09 PM
1-"on the run"-forgot?
2-"striper hot spots"-frank daignault
3-"stripersurf"-frank daignault
4-"eastern tides"-frank daignault
5-"the trophy striper"- frank daignault
6-"twenty years on the cape my time as a surfcaster"-frank daignault

rocketman
12-03-2004, 06:31 PM
"Fishing New England A Rhode Island Shore Guide"
Gene Bourque