View Full Version : Commercial license

Vectorfisher
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Is it possible to obtain commercial licenses ?? How would one go about it?

Raider Ronnie
12-02-2004, 08:37 PM
DMF

MakoMike
12-03-2004, 07:06 AM
State or federal? For the feds it depends on what species your after, each species has its own license, though some, like NE groundfish are lumped together. For state it depends on what state you'rre in.

macojoe
12-03-2004, 03:34 PM
what are you looking for?? You can no longer get a Fluke Lic. or a Fed Cod lic.

You can get Bass, Scup, black sea bass, tog, and a host of others. It will cost you $35 for your lic, and $30 permit for each permited fish.

I get a boat lic as it alows me to take anyone I want out and they are covered. $130 + 30 for each permited fish.

If you get the $35 permit you are the only one covered!! to fish your boat!!
Even a kid is at the discretion of the game warden, if he feels that the kid or person that is with you is able to contribute to the catch he can and will find you!

So after my kids got big I started to get the boat lic.

Clammer
12-03-2004, 10:49 PM
I<m covered for everything single thing == as long as its not Federal & caught in RI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:laughs:

Vectorfisher
12-05-2004, 10:18 AM
I was thinking one license would cover everything, only looking for Massachusetts, seems like a hassle though. It was just a thougt, although if you can't catch fish what good is it??:p

Raider Ronnie
12-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
I was thinking one license would cover everything, only looking for Massachusetts, seems like a hassle though. It was just a thougt, although if you can't catch fish what good is it??:p

Vec,
pm sent to you

Good N You
12-05-2004, 03:00 PM
MacoJoe, I was under the impression that everyone onboard would need the license. For the $130 the boat lic seems cheap. Do you need to be an inspected vessel with liferaft, epirb etc to permit the boat. If you get the boat permit, can you bring 2 buddies out for bass without their own permit and still keep up to 30 34" fish?

macojoe
12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
With a boat permit you can bring 5 buddys!

And no you do not need to get a inspection.

But it is a good Idea to get one, just so you no you have everything your suppose to have.

Eprib also not needed.

But with a boat permit you are only allowed one 30 fish 34" limted no matter how many people are on board!

Boat permit $130
Bass permit $ 30
Fluke permit $ 30
Black Sea Bass $30
Scup $30 you get the picture.

Raider Ronnie
12-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by macojoe
With a boat permit you can bring 5 buddys!

And no you do not need to get a inspection.

But it is a good Idea to get one, just so you no you have everything your suppose to have.

Eprib also not needed.

But with a boat permit you are only allowed one 30 fish 34" limted no matter how many people are on board!

Boat permit $130
Bass permit $ 30
Fluke permit $ 30
Black Sea Bass $30
Scup $30 you get the picture.

Depending on the size of the boat, if you commercial fish you do need to have some of the safety equipment, such as an epirb.
Just my opinion, but if you're going to fish in the cold months, you would be stupid NOT to have the safety gear to survive if you ended up in the water this time of year, even if the gear is not required
:smash:

beamie
12-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Good N You
MacoJoe, I was under the impression that everyone onboard would need the license. For the $130 the boat lic seems cheap.

Cheap? I can find allot more uses for my $130 + 30

Like Ronnie says depends on boat size. 99% of the boaters on this board comm fishing with a state license won't "need" say an epirb. You run into more regs if comm tuna fishing, someone told me if your comm tuna fishing you are required to have a liferaft. I know lots of guys who fish giants in boats less than 25' and don't have one. So not sure on that deal. If you want to fall aslepp fast its all in the CFR's. I go to sea for a living on commercial ships and the regs change all the time.