View Full Version : Best tide to fish Plum Island beachfront?

striperman
07-28-2000, 10:26 AM
Was planning on going up to Plum Island this weekend. I want to fish the beachfront poosibly the open parking lots on the refuge. I am willing to fish anytime, I am just not sure whether i should fish the incoming, outgoing, high, low, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adavance and tight lines, Derek.

Steve K
07-28-2000, 12:55 PM
Striperman,

I have had my best luck there on the beginning of the outgoing tide. The nice part is that after fishing the first few hours of the outgoing I will head over to the Parker River or the Merrimack for the last few hours of the outgoing tide. I try not to fish the Merrimack on weekends because of the crowds. Good luck and let me know how you do.

Steve K

randy
07-28-2000, 04:52 PM
Striperman, another plan, if you don't mind walking or driving .drive all the way down to as far as the can go.park an walk out. this is all flats about 60yds out watch the TIDE an learn it. to the left is a rock pile remember it at low tide an FISH IT ALL AT HIGH. you will flind your you could be the only one out fishing? watch the tides an DON'T venture out to far. I havent fished there in years it was always a GREAT spot, at the write tide.let me know how you make out if you go."GOOD LUCK,GOOD FISHIN.<*)))><

RICH
07-28-2000, 04:55 PM
Striperman, would you believe I typed so fast I put the wrong name in
it,RICH.sorry. "GOOD LUCK,GOOD FISHIN"