View Full Version : Baseball and Steroids

Raider Ronnie
12-03-2004, 06:46 PM
It's all over ESPN and sports talk radio!
What do you think of it!!!
I wonder how many home runs Baby Ruth would have hit if he had been on the juice!!! 20000 probably!!!

spence
12-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Could do serious damage to the sport unless the comissioner cracks down next season.

Giambi, Sheffield, Bonds...

MLB looks more like NWA :af:

-spence

BigFish
12-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I am seriously thinking of boycotting all the Major sports.....I am pretty tired of the bulls&@t!:af:

fishsmith
12-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Its deep rooted, the owners look away at obvious abuse because the stands are filled to see HR's go from 40's sometimes 50 home runs a year to 73 (I think) . Everyone loves to see the homers, homers = $$$$.
The players union wants no part of drug testing? This is odd, and leads me to think they must be hiding something wide spread. How does Clemens do it? El Natural or enhancer, I hope its hard work.
Now they say there is a new undetectable drug with equal enhancing effects, time to start over.
What is the Commissioners role?
What can you do?
I'll keep wearing my Sox hat rooting for the Sox, and hope justice prevails.

Vectorfisher
12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
The terrible part of it all is that they are blurting this out all over the radio and TV I know my 10 year old has already asked what steroids are and what they do:smash:

afterhours
12-03-2004, 08:36 PM
i've heard of high school kids taking roids:( i think pro sports needs a zero tolerence policy concerning all unprescribed drugs. i think that bonds is a disgrace to the game.

spence
12-03-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm sure there are more than a few WWF fans on this board but I think it's exceptionally lame.

I see most sports devolving into pro wrassling. All enterainment, no sport. It's sad really...

-spence

CAL
12-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by spence
I'm sure there are more than a few WWF fans on this board but I think it's exceptionally lame.

-spence

I saw Triple H wrestle at the Marshfield fair years ago when he was a nobody (was called Terra Rizin). Guy had no muscle at all, lucky if he weighed 210#. Couple years later he's like 285 and ripped :rolleyes:

Steroid use in real sports sucks but when it goes to the high school level now that's just a shame. Haven't these kids heard of Lyle Alzado?

bart
12-04-2004, 11:23 AM
did anyone NOT think these guys were on steroids? the homerun record stood for decades and then all of a sudden it is shattered two seasons in a row. c'mon :rolleyes:

these guys take all kinds of sh*t. like female fertility drugs(WTF), growth hormones, ritalin and adderoll(so they have better focus and hand/eye coordination at the plate) and all other sorts of performance enhancing crap.

these guys' records shouldn't even be allowed to stand, or they should have asterix(sp) next to their names. its friggin disgraceful to the game and not fair to the ted Williams and Hank Aarons who never shot that sh*t. :af:

didn't that guy Mcmahon encourage the use of steroids by the wrestlers?