View Full Version : Bens the real deal

Vectorfisher
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
OH YAH WHAT A WIN :happy: :happy: Any doubters on Big Ben, what did he miss 2 passes that should have been caught?? That was one helluva smashmouth football game and some of the poorest officiating I have seen all season for both sides.

Raider Ronnie
12-06-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
OH YAH WHAT A WIN :happy: :happy: Any doubters on Big Ben, what did he miss 2 passes that should have been caught?? That was one helluva smashmouth football game and some of the poorest officiating I have seen all season for both sides.

He's almost as lucky as Brady!!!:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Slipknot
12-06-2004, 07:12 AM
:bshake: :bshake: :bshake:

afterhours
12-06-2004, 07:15 AM
your boy played well. kneelers were lucky to win, bad td call and 2 missed feild goals. they are vulnerable:D hope they face patriots in playoffs!

fishaholic18
12-06-2004, 07:27 AM
No luck there!
That was a gift! (2nd TD):smash:

Vectorfisher
12-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Oh Yah and the ref calls that kept the Jaguars moving the ball to go ahead in the 4th didnt help any ??? 3 and long the Steelers stop them short and they get called for a bogus pass interference call, gimme a break !! And when was the last time you saw the Pats play a game as physical as that one last night and win against a team that had too win?? BLAH BLAH BLAH we still won?? And even if they dont get the TD then who's to say they wouldnt have kept driving you can't blame that on them winning if that is the case I bet you can find a boatload of games the Pats or any other NFL team that should have lost games, because everyone of them except yesterday has been close for the Pats, OH except against Pittsburgh:D And Ronnie I don't see 14/17 221 yards passing for Ben being lucky, oh yah one of those incompletions was to stop the clock at the end of the game.

BigFish
12-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Don't kid yourself into believing the Pats can't and don't play a physical game....that would be incorrect!:smash: <Smashmouth

Vectorfisher....I was watching the game last night hoping they would lose that game late so I could rub it in, but I will tell you honestly it was a great game. Your boy is a true talent!:btu: However, I don't think they can paly with the Pats....yeah, they beat them in that game earlier this season....but the Pats coughed that game up to them......if both teams are playing flawless football against each other...Pats win every time!:D I hope we get to see that in the playoffs!;)

BigFish
12-06-2004, 08:51 AM
VF...go back and look at some of the Pats scores....many of them not that close!:D

Beat Indy 27-24

Beat Arizona 23-12

Beat Buffalo 31-17

Beat Miami 24-10

Beat Seattle 30-20

Beat Jets 13-7

Lose to Kneelers 34-20

Beat St. Louis 40-22

Beat Buffalo 29-6

Beat KC 27-19

Beat Ravens 24-3

Beat Browns 42-15

:huh:

afterhours
12-06-2004, 08:57 AM
VF, the ravens are a physical team and their backs were against the wall. the patriots beat them up.

BigFish
12-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Ravens crushed the Steelers 30-13.....we smashed the Ravens (a much more physical team than Pittsburg) 24-3! Splain that to me Lucy how the Pats don't get physical?:smash:

The Dad Fisherman
12-06-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't think you can use the 1st Pittsburgh-Pats matchup to guage what the Steelers are going to do to them in the Play-offs.

We were so banged up that game we pretty much had the Hot Dog vendors set up on Second String.

Next Time we meet, in the Play-offs, we will be healthy and have Corey Dillon in that Game. Remember He didn't play in the 1st game. I'm pretty sure he will make a big difference when they meet again.

I'd like to see how good the Steelers would be in a game if they didn't have their running backs.

And lets not forget one of the biggest things, the Coaches. Sorry but I have to say that the Pats get the nod on that one. when the Play-offs roll around Belichek is at his best......January can't get here soon enough :D

Surfcastinglife
12-06-2004, 12:41 PM
corey dillon has 1221 yards rushing. how the hell did the pats get along without this guy :D its gonna be one hell of a matchup. the pats will most likely finish 15-1, there isnt a game on taht schedule they should lose. if the game is at heinz field it will be alot more interesting then if they've gotta come here to foxborough.NOBODY and i mean NOBODY in the nfl comes into foxborough and beats the pats.

Vectorfisher
12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree about that schedule just look at it for superbowl champs they got a pretty weak schedule;)

BigFish
12-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I was waitin' for that one VF;) I knew it would come very soon!:laughs:

Surfcastinglife
12-06-2004, 01:00 PM
who at the release of these schedules said OH LOOK MIAMI AND SAN FRAN EASY WINS FOR THE PATS. nobody picked miami and san fran to have the worst record in the league :P. cinci has been competetive all year their record is deceiving. they put up 58 against cleveland and beat the ravens on the road. carson palmer is coming into his own and that receiving core is brutal. the jets as always will be a tough game but they dont match up well enough with the pats to win.
anyone heard anything on ty law's situation? is he comin back at all? what about tyrone poole? where are these guys :P!

Vectorfisher
12-06-2004, 01:03 PM
No braggin rights if you ask me!!

Beat Indy 27-24 "best team they have beat at 9-3"

Beat Arizona 23-12 "BUMS 4-8"

Beat Buffalo 31-17 "At the time of play STINK 6-6"Rebound now

Beat Miami 24-10 "Absolute trash 2-10"

Beat Seattle 30-20 "Fair at best 6-5"

Beat Jets 13-7 " decent team that cant get it done 9-3"

Lose to Kneelers 34-20"By far the best team they played 04 11-1"

Beat St. Louis 40-22 "Jokers,chokers 6-6"

Beat Buffalo 29-6"again" 6-6

Beat KC 27-19 "Bums no D 4-8"

Beat Ravens 24-3 Good D no O 7-5 3rd best team they played 7-5

Beat Browns 42-15 Hideous

Need I say more BF??? All I can say is I can't wait to get your photo of you fishing with a Steelers jersey on, I think I will talk to John R and see if we can make it front cover material for the site

:D :D DAD Fisherman dont pull the injury card the Steelers had 4 defensive starters out most of the season and 2 of which are pro bowlers.

The Dad Fisherman
12-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
I agree about that schedule just look at it for superbowl champs they got a pretty weak schedule;)

We can't all play in such a Powerhouse division like the steelers :laughs:

6 games in the division are moot...the Schedulers can't change this around because they were the Champs, everyone plays their division

as far as the other games they had:

Indy - Which was in the AFC champiopnship game last year and is having a Stellar year this year

Kansas City - At Kansas City which is one of the Toughest places to play on the road and they were supposed to be a good team this year

Seattle - which is winning their division and was also picked as one of the early favorites this year

Pittsburgh - at Pittsburgh, which is not an easy task either

St. Louis - at St. louis Where they're supposed to just light it up....and didn't

so Where do you get that they had an easy schedule...those look like tough games to me.

I wouldn't say the Steelers schedule was exactly tough either. The only non-division games against teams w/ better than a .500 record they get to play at home.

I'd say the schedule makers were pretty generous there too

The Patriots have also played 8 games this season against Teams that currently have a record of .500 or better and won 7 of them.

The Steelers have only played 6 games against teams with a .500 record or better and won 5 of them.

Like I said we'll all have our answers in January :D

afterhours
12-06-2004, 05:56 PM
'YAH BABY Ben is the real deal, I am hoping for a Pats Steelers match up with Kendrell Bell, Chad Scott, Plaxico Burres and the rest of them healthy, but I think the Pats will have to play Indy and go down!! I have one gripe and I wish I could talk with Bill Cowher directly,WHAT THE HELL is he having his team take a knee before the half with time on the clock in close games for?? RAM IT down there throats or at least give a couple shots, you could always get lucky and have a penalty put you in field goal range!! That just drives me insane also they could have blown that game last night and you could have blamed it on the lack of not using Bettis, he picked up big yards on 3 or 4 carries and they kept trying Duece who just came back from an injury Keep Bettis in there until Staley is 100% Bettis looks good."...guess who:D

belicheck will coach the pants off cowher

Vectorfisher
12-06-2004, 06:25 PM
So I will be buying you beers too? I had a hunch, fair enough;)

afterhours
12-06-2004, 06:31 PM
:) my old boat was afterhours, my latest is fin-ness:D no harm intended, just playing:)

BigFish
12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Personally...I think the Steelers are winning despite Cowher!:smash: I think he sucks!:smash:

Vectorfisher
12-06-2004, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't say he sucks due to his record but some of the little things he chooses to do makes me wonder.

kippy
12-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm surprise Cowher has lasted as long as he has considering he can't seem to put it together like Belichick in the playoffs..I hope the Steelers have their Superbowl reservations made like '01

:D

Vectorfisher
12-08-2004, 08:30 PM
You guys seem to forget where Bellichek came from Cleveland Browns where the Steelers owned that team!! Cowher whooped Bill's @$$:smash:

afterhours
12-08-2004, 08:49 PM
VF= do you really think that cowher is a better coach than our bill? you can't be serious maybe delerious but surley not serious:)

fishsmith
12-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Vector, The Browns are not the Pats and its spelled Belichick. Please respect The NFL's best coach. Here's a little history of our hero.

The recent Super Bowl win was the fourth of Belichick’s distinguished NFL career, a career that began in 1975. Now in his 30th season in the NFL, he has more years of NFL experience than any of the other 31 head coaches. In his first 29 seasons, his teams qualified for the playoffs 13 times and won nine division titles, five conference championships and four Super Bowls. He won his first two Super Bowls as the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants in 1986 and again in 1990 before claiming his two Super Bowl championships with the Patriots in the past three years. George Seifert is the only other man to have won multiple Super Bowls both as a head coach and as an assistant coach.

Mike P
12-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Bellichick was Parcells defensive coordinator with the Giants long before he coached the old Browns before Modell moved them to Baltimore. He got the head job with the Browns after the Giants won the 91 Super Bowl and Parcells "retired" for the first time. He rejoined Parcells at NE in 1996, during their AFC Chamoionship season, and with the Jets, where they went to the AFC title game.

Parcells has never been to a SB without Bellichick as his defensive coordinator. In fact, he's never won a single playoff game without Bellickick. Now they have the same number of rings.