View Full Version : Rod Wrappers

Back Beach
12-06-2004, 10:35 AM
I am looking to purchase a rod wrapping machine. Most of the work will be performed on my own gear, and I am not looking to mass produce. There are a couple I am considering in the 300-400 range. I have considerable experience with rod building, but mostly with commercial type equipment. The two I am looking at are the flex coat DL713, and the "Pro Wrapper". Does anyone have any experience with these machines?

tlapinski
12-06-2004, 06:19 PM
if you are looking to spend just a little less, i am selling my old set up. http://www.striped-bass.com/StriperTalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19611

Saltheart
12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Try to find a used Clemens or Renzetti. A lot better lathe than anything you mentioned and not that much for a used one. also if you ever want to sell it in the future , it will be a lot easier and you'll get better money back if its a Clemens or Renzetti.

Back Beach
12-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Salty,

I agree with you on the Renzetti. I did a lot of building with one years ago, and it is a great machine. I will probably be doing only one or two rods each winter, though, and need only a simple machine. I am also looking at the rodsmith machine from netcraft. It is not quite the quality of a renzetti, but has an aluminum bed and appears pretty durable.

mikecc
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
If your looking at the rodsmith it's Ok but the American Tackle has better rod supports.Other than that the same machine from the same factory.
There is also a newer chuck availabel at Mud Hole that fits all these type machines.