View Full Version : VisualWRAP software

Sweetwater
12-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Has anyone here ever used "VisualWRAP" software to design butt wraps?

If so, I'm just curious what you think about it.

fishaholic18
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Awesome!!!

Billy 40
12-08-2004, 12:34 PM
I use it all the time, I've given Demo's at seminar's, answer questions via e-mail, PM, message boards, and I've even had a few guys call me with questions from around the country.

I'm biased thouh.

WHat kind of wraps are you currently doing, and what are you looking to get out of VW? It's a little confusing at first, but with some help you'll be just fine in no time.

Sweetwater
12-08-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm looking to get away from basic diamond wraps and chevrons do something more creative. Maybe design my own patterns. I have one rod that I'm starting on in January (7' S-glass) that I wanted "test my skills" on.

:)

Billy 40
12-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Have you read Custom Rod THread Art by Dale Clemens? That book is a must to do more complicated patterns, imo. Yes, you can get by without it, but if you are looking to really get into it and were thinking about Visualwrap, CRTA should be purchased & understood first. Without it VW will be almost impossible to use.

I'm comin gup to teh Thread Art Nerds Gathering in another post here, Feb 5th. I should have some time to do a quick VW Demo - depends how many people re there and how many questions people need answerred.

Rapt Tite
12-08-2004, 05:12 PM
SW...I have Visualwrap but I've yet to use it designing a new wrap, though all the features are there. I love it for its layout feature with tapered offset spacing on closed wraps. Another great feature, for me at least, is that you can download files from Visualwrap.com and watch the pattern grow. thread by thread, delayed, or quickly...seeing how a pattern grows is a great learning tool.

bud8fan
12-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Another nice feature is you can get a decent idea of what colors look like together before you lay down the thread. Saves you from wasting thread because you dont like the colors you just wrapped.

I agree with Billy totally though! Clemens book is a must prior to using Vizwrap software........

Russ

Sweetwater
12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks for all the great input. I friend of mine has the Clemens book. I'll borrow that before I attempt to use the software.

Thanks!