View Full Version : Let's Go UMASS!

Rappin Mikey
12-10-2004, 08:09 AM
I haven't seen intensity like that in the Mullins Center since 1995. Hey Rick, spread a little mayo on that baby!!!

quick decision
12-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Rappin Mikey
I haven't seen intensity like that in the Mullins Center since 1995. Hey Rick, spread a little mayo on that baby!!!

RAGE IN THE CAGE!

Hey Mikey, what about when Gateway played Holoyoke?

Ed B
12-10-2004, 11:06 AM
I couldn't believe what I heard on the sports report this morning. They will definatly have some expectations on them this season after that win.

I've never been to the Mullins center as I graduated in 81, but I'll always miss the "Rage in the Cage". Some teams like Holy Cross, BC and I think PC refused to play in the the old Curry Hicks Cage, as they felt Umass had too much of an advantage.

I'll never forget my first UMass-UConn game with a packed Cage and all the students chanting at the top of there lungs "UCONN SUCKS....UCONN SUCKS....UCONN SUCKS"

Wish I was there last night.

Skip N
12-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Enjoy it Umass fans....Uconn will be contending for the National championship while Umass maybe has a shot at the NIT. Good win be dont get to syched....you guys still suck!:D Uconn is so young but they will bounce back from this one. Umass fans can have fun watching the final four on TV again this year:laughs: What happened to thier program anyway? Havent been good since the Camby era.:smash:

Rappin Mikey
12-10-2004, 11:50 AM
The A10 isn't as strong as last year. We win that tourny we'll see ya in the NCAAs. UCONN will make the tourny, but without a perimeter game they won't make it past the second round. I have to admit that Randall Gay is going to be a force at the end of this year and years to come. Obviously, is was scandals (Calipairi and Camby) that lead to UMASS' downfall.

RIROCKHOUND
12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
I miss the URI team of 97... that was fun basketball.. Bball at URI sucks right now...
I got spoiled back then.... :(

Rappin Mikey
12-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Odom and Marbury were on that team right?

RIROCKHOUND
12-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Nope;
97 was Tyson Wheeler, Preston Murphy, Cat Mobley, Antonio Reynolds Dean etc..
Lamar and Zach M came the next year...

Skip N
12-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Uconn is by far the best and most consistant team in our area now...and have been for years. The likes of URI, PC, Umass etc seem to have a good year or two but no consistency like the Uconn program has. Calhoun has done wonders with that program.

The Dad Fisherman
12-10-2004, 02:20 PM
They're the second best team at that school........next to the Girls Team....:D

Ed B
12-10-2004, 05:03 PM
In the college game it all comes down to your ability to recruit the good players. The good players go to where they think they will get the most visibility and a shot at the big time money in the pros.

The schools with the big money programs and lots of TV time have a huge advantage and if they can get the right coach who projects the right image that attracts the right players you will have a lot of success.

Look at guys like Pitino and Calipari who are great recruiters, and have had a lot of success in the NCAA. Put them in the NBA where they had to draft against everyone else and they had no success at all.

You got to have a tremendous commitment from the school in terms of dollars and marketing and getting the right people on board and then go ahead and dance with the devil, which is big time college sports.

RickBomba
12-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Oh the Mayo...
We used to say that becuse we ate late night buzz sandwiches while watching Umass in the early nineties.
I was so cranked up that I didn't go to sleep until 3 am last night!!!
Hey Mikey, the guy with the Spanish last name on Uconn (looks like he had Lupus or something), kind of reminded me of the Spidah!!!
Go Rigo!!!
Looks like I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the winter!!!
GO MASS!!!!!!
Love,
Very Very Very Happy Rick

Skip N
12-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Umass= NIT:laughs:

Rappin Mikey
12-11-2004, 08:40 AM
NIT if we're lucky. You mean Villanueva Rick He does kind of remind me of Nunez. Anybody know why he has got no eyebrows?

quick decision
12-11-2004, 09:36 AM
I have no idea.

Skip N
12-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by quick decision
crack pipe exploded!

Whats that supposed to meen?:smash: :mad:

quick decision
12-11-2004, 09:44 AM
i have no idea

Skip N
12-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Nice edit of your post to save youe arse....Glad you realized it was pretty low:smash:

quick decision
12-11-2004, 01:13 PM
I thought he was a hoop player. I read the post to fast. ease up a bit.

Rappin Mikey
12-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Alright they suck again. Listened to the first half on the radio and had to shut it off. Miami was draining threes like no tomorrow.

bart
12-13-2004, 10:41 AM
sheit, my buddies got me tix for this game but i couldn't go cause i had to work :(