View Full Version : Pac Bay wrapper

stripersnipr
12-11-2004, 08:50 AM
I just received my new Pac-Bay wrapper and I think I'm a little disapponted. The way they have it set up is with the motor (butt-end) to the right end of my bench and thread carriage to the rear. Given the fact that I have been wrapping for the past five years with the butt end to my left it just doesnt seem right. If I end for end it I now have the butt end to my left as I want but the thread carriage is now to the front. Again that just doesn't seem right. Not being in a completely clear state of mind at the time (as in Dogfishhead Ale 60 minute IPA) I figured I would simply drill some new holes and remount the motor to the left end and all would be well. Obviously the motor now runs in the wrong direction. No problem, I then switch the motor power leads assuming the motor would run the other direction. Wrong. What am I missing here? Is there any way I can change the direction of the motor, or do I have to put it back to the way it was and adapt to wrapping from the other end?

Back Beach
12-14-2004, 10:09 AM
I just purchased the pac bay, and it works very nicely. You mentioned that the thread carriage is on the front if you have the motor to your left. That sounds like the machine is set up properly to me as mine came the same way. Why would you want the thread carriage on the back?

stripersnipr
12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Since my original post I have adapted to the wrapper and found it works okay. I learned to wrap on a Renzetti that the thread carriage was to the rear. It was simply a matter of getting used to the Pac-Bay.