View Full Version : Who is the real enemy?

Patrick82
10-18-2001, 06:15 PM
Most of us like to trash PeTa (People for the Ethical treatment of Animals) but who is really the enemy? I was thinking about this.

First we have the aforementioned PeTa. While I don't share all of their views, their protests seem to be peaceful for the most part.

Commercial fishermen of course. Not only do they pluck the baitfish from our waters. Some illegaly harvest stripers.

Recreational fishermen who just don't care. You know. The guys who keep 15 inch bass or go over the bag limit.

Polluters. The ones that are destroying our enviroments making it hard to maintain a healthy population of fish.

The Government. While not doing it on purpose, they are destroying our beaches by doing sand replenishment projects, over populating our beaches, and restricting access to the coastline.

The Government again. This time the ones in the pockets of big business. The big business that has no problem with pumping toxic sludge into our waterways and the businesses that don't mind over harvesting our precious resources.

Now two more groups that I don't see mentioned often. ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and ELF (Earth Liberation Front). These groups are worse then PeTa and deserve their own category. ELF has right on their website how to make firebombs to avenge animals. ALF has a bragging list of all sorts of stuff they've done like glueing locks on cars and businesses, graffiti, smashing windows, and releasing animals.

So who is the real enemy here? When I think about all these groups trying to strip our ocean away from us, it seems futile that we try to fight. What can we do? I'm sick and tired to sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

Has anyone proposed a coast-wide conservation project? I'm sick and tired of seeing our coastline get whittled away to nothing. We need a plan. A unified group that share the best interests of the atlantic marine ecosystem. When I leave this planet, I want my kids to have something to remember me by. Whenever they need to think of dad, they can go down and catch a nice striped bass.

Patrick82
10-18-2001, 09:54 PM
Nevermind. It looks like John or someone took care of that post.

patrickswoman
10-18-2001, 09:57 PM
:D