View Full Version : wireless card funnies

Swimmer
12-13-2004, 07:31 PM
My nephew just bought a laptop with a wireless card. Just for s#$#s and giggles he plug the card in a the computor was on line presto. Come to find out the guy across the street has a wireless router and Ryan got to try out his new laptop before his router arrived in the mail.

jugstah
12-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Swimmer
My nephew just bought a laptop with a wireless card. Just for s#$#s and giggles he plug the card in a the computor was on line presto. Come to find out the guy across the street has a wireless router and Ryan got to try out his new laptop before his router arrived in the mail.

If I were you, I'd go across the street and tell the guy that his traffic is accessible to anyone driving through the neighborhood. Many a person has gotten royally screwed by driveby wireless sniffers stealing CC info and all.

Tell him to use the security encryption stuff available with his wireless router.

Surfcastinglife
12-14-2004, 08:09 AM
not only that but they can do many an illegal activity using that guy's connection and anything traced would lead back to his IP which would royally screw him over some more ;o

jugstah
12-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Surfcastinglife
not only that but they can do many an illegal activity using that guy's connection and anything traced would lead back to his IP which would royally screw him over some more ;o

haha, yep, quite a few horror stories to be told of this kind of situation.