View Full Version : Hatteras Outfitters

striperman
07-31-2000, 12:20 PM
After all the questions and info from a previous post, I have decided to get my new custom made surf rod at Hatteras Outfitters. However, (I am not sure of his color set-up or deseigns. Was wondering if anyone out there couldm e-mail me at kgus@empire.net with a picture of a hatteras outfitters rod, so I can specify to him what colors as an underwrap, overwrap,or whatever. Thanks, Derek.

mikeybluefish
08-02-2000, 09:31 AM
i don't have a picture of it but tres can help you with those decisions. mine is an all-star blank 1266 two piece 10'6". its a conventional stick.....black on black with gold trim and center inlay...sweet.......they are really helpful. give them a call but be patient because unfortunately waynes(the rod builder)mother took a fall and broke her hip. i hope she will be alright. priorities are priorities you know.

Fishpart
08-02-2000, 10:35 AM
Mikey, I have the 1265/2 (built by Mike T) and really love it for general purpose plugging eeling and light jigging. I am considering the 1266/2 for jigging the Big Ditch and fishing the breachways. How do you primarily fish your rod? Can you throw 5 oz comfortably with it an dstill have soem backbone left to land the big one in a strong current? Thanks for your help. Fishpart

mikeybluefish
08-02-2000, 01:30 PM
definitely! that is precisely what this stick was made to do....

Fishpart
08-02-2000, 02:55 PM
Mikey thanks