View Full Version : I'm done..................

Flaptail
12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Too much crap here. Left the other sites because of it as well. Little cliques fighting over copying someone else's work. I did this first, no I did. I made those two years ago, beleive me or not. Stupid comments, stupid replies. Petty jealousy, newbie collectors, I don't tneed this crap. This place needs a house cleaning. I know my background, I knew the pioneers and I know I don't need this crap. Computers and the internet suck. Enjoy, I am just going back to fishing, making my own plugs and writing. :bshake: :smokin: :yak6:

zacs
12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
That is a shame, Flap. I really enjoyed reading your posts, and learning from your experience. Your post on flats fishing the cape has made that one of my main goals for 2005. I have also enjoyed reading about the history of plugs and cape surfcasting that you have shared. I hope you will reconsider, but if not, perhaps I will look you up when I eventually make it out to that sand spit to do some fishing.
Good luck.
Zac

ProfessorM
12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
That's too bad. I enjoy your opinions. Just ignore the BS. . Don't let them ruin your day. Hope you will reconsider. If not good luck. PM

The Dad Fisherman
12-15-2004, 11:33 AM
I, too, hope you reconsider.

I always considered you one of the "Voices of Reason" on this board. I have enjoyed many a day reading posts by you, especially of the old days.

Don't let a few words typed in a post ruin it for you.

Bronko
12-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Flap,

I hear where you are coming from, but I will ask you to re-consider. I think it is important to note that this is more or less supposed to be a "striped-bass" site. Fishing...equipment...tackle....etc. It appears that many here really get caught up on the plug-building side of things. It is clear that is the powder keg to a lot of the pissing contests that go on. I come here to learn tips, techniques and technical stuff from some of the veteran fishermen here. I read all the posts by you, BM, Karl, slip etc. that are fishing related. I guess plugs take over during the fishing offseason here on the boards due to the inability to hunt the striped ones. Your knowledge about stripers is incredible (as was your presentation at the MSBA meeting last month) and this board would lose an extremely valuable member and striper authority if you left.

JHABS
12-15-2004, 12:06 PM
This is to bad, Flap don't let it bother you, We need your Knowledge here, And not to mention all those Nice Plug Photos...............

Krispy
12-15-2004, 12:15 PM
come on Flap, we're all goofin here. They're just plugs, and no-one should get to uptight about them. Most of the plugs I like to make a copies of older stuff, and I think people just post to rattle each others cages a little and get a rise. I know I do ;)
I'd be a dis-service to yourself and the board as a whole if you took the postings here in the PB forum to seriously and left because of them.
Ya gotta laugh at some of the absurd things people write. And Im surprised so many members took my "Prancer" post so seriously, cause I was laughing when I wrote it, knowing the response it would get :smash:

Bedford Blues
12-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Flap,

i also hope you reconsider. Your writing is excellent
both informative and entertaining.

Pete F.
12-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I would be heartbroken, who would start the incredible mega-threads?
Do you know how happy my wife is that I have so little fishing stuff?
Is bribery out of the question?

Karl F
12-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Flap.
Tried to respond to your PM.... box full...
probably your fan club filled it up ;) ;)
(not trying to stir yer chit, or swab yer rump :eek: )

But , yeah, if you want to yap sometime, fine....
no brewski fer me tho, haven't had one since 91......
guess working around that stuff, ya lose yer taste for it...
talk about a soap opera, come sit on the OB bench in the store some day and watch my "whack pack" as they parade by :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spam master
12-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Steve,

u suck.

:bshake:

keeperreaper
12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Steve,
the pettiness and jealousy is everywhere on the fishing websites. Don't let the foolishness get to you. It isn't worth it. Plus this site has a hell of a lot more positives than negatives.

BigFish
12-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Come on Flap....we will miss you!:( Don't ruin my Christmas!:bc: Come on buddy....it happens once in awhile around here........just move on and let it go my friend.;) We love you Flaptail.:love: I got a plug for you!:drool:

justplugit
12-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Flap, don't do it pleeze:) You know there will always be a few who spoil it for everyone in everything.Don't let the @#$%^&*s imaturity and egos get you down.
If you ignore them they will either get the message or leave. Your knowledge, sense of humor, and unselfish contributions here could never be replaced.
On a personal and selfish note, you have helped me more then you will ever know, through alot of very difficult times this past year. You have so much to offer in so many ways:) Your leaving would be a great personal loss to me as i am sure to many others. Let the good win out:)
Dave

Skitterpop
12-15-2004, 02:38 PM
1st Pedro now Flaptail.... I hope Steve comes back.

Mike :(

tlapinski
12-15-2004, 02:44 PM
you can't leave! now you are copying ME. i left another site way before you did! :af:

DZ
12-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Flap,
Hate to see you go – I for one enjoy your stories from the old days as I can relate to them. Feel free to contact me anytime and discuss some of the old plugs.

To those he refers to – as the saying goes "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". If you're going to post a plug design it is a given that someone is going to copy it. Consider it a compliment on your work. Copying ideas and constructive criticism have been around as long as surf casters have been chasing stripers. In the past I interviewed a prominent NY plug maker and the stories he related about guys stealing plug ideas was astounding. And the ideas were stolen by some very well known names in the plug making world. It was a real "dog eat dog" environment. Just one example: The Boone Needlefish is probably the only plug that was made to imitate a real "Atlantic Needlefish". All the rest that came after it were made to imitate Sand eels. In the 80s when these "needlefish type" plugs became popular there were many plug makers jumping on the bandwagon with their own version of a needlefish. But.....Boone still owns the name. Back then there were rumblings/rumors that any other plug makers designing a needlefish should be wary of calling it a "Needlefish" because of copyright, two companies even referred to their creations by other names.
What I see here and on other plug building forums are the same old designs. What I encourage you to do is to "blaze a new trail" and "think out of the box". Come up with new designs. I can visualize a few and I've shared my vision recently with two members of this forum and eagerly await their finished product. (I'd make them myself but I can't even hit a nail on the head never mind turn wood.)
So do some experimenting, copy away, and accept criticism. Some designs will work, some won't, but have fun trying.

spence
12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by DZ
What I encourage you to do is to "blaze a new trail" and "think out of the box".
I dare anyone to copy my Trex darter :laughs:

Slipknot
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
:(

Ya, what they all said :(

Think it over Steve, take a break for a while but do come back please. You are wanted around here. Forget the nonsense if you can, just ignore it if you can if not try harder.:)

besides, if you leave I leave :(

Canalman
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey... I'm not trying to be an A$$ but suck it up man! Everyone has to deal with the same stuff. You have a great wealth of knowledge and that's great, but you started off green just like the rest of us. If newbie collectors are hassling you or people are asking too many questions you should go out of your way to help them out and take it as a complement! Don't try and punish us by not coming here anymore, if you really mean't it you'd just bow out, you wouldn't leave by making a scene. I think the good far outweighs the bad in this place. And there are a lot opf people in here who help people out all the time.... Habs, Slipknot, Capesams, MikeCC they have set a great example by being acommodating and helping everyone out unconditionally and you seemed that way too... I think you'll reconsider.... Just remember...... IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! :)

-Dave

bassmaster
12-15-2004, 05:17 PM
steve smart move getting the %$%$%$%$ off here

Skitterpop
12-15-2004, 05:55 PM
All arse kissing aside.... I always look for stuff you posted or wrote and try to read it carefully.

Flaptail = :love: , experience, and knowledge.

Don`t listen to Bassmaster.... he is a genius to.

:lm:

thefishingfreak
12-15-2004, 06:06 PM
flap your a good man:)
next time i see you at the dave cave, i'll have something for ya'
mike

ThrowingTimber
12-15-2004, 06:11 PM
I find the information you share very informative, its a shame that everyone's penalized for the actions of a few. If I've ever pushed a joke to far or something sorry... I think everyones just gettin a lil silly from the coming shack nasties

Tagger
12-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Geeez.. some of my remarks, I hope people know I'm kidding ..:confused: Sorry You feel that way Flap ,, Your a good man .. thanks for letting me hold first Gibbs plug .. see ya around I guess ,.. Our Loss...

bassmaster
12-15-2004, 10:48 PM
its all your fault

Breezy
12-16-2004, 12:44 AM
:(

JohnR
12-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Steve - you should stay. PM coming soon.

Slip - you go I'll hunt you down.

People in general should not get their panties all bunched up so easily. Soooo many people feel the need to take a shot at someone else and blame it on the other guy or claim being picked on and whatever. It's totally unnecessary. I am CONTINUALLY amazed at what you guys do and I am utterly impressed. I know a lot of you personally and you are class guys. I know you can treat each other with a little more respect than just taking a shot, making a dig, or stirring the pot....

bassmaster
12-16-2004, 12:23 PM
john its your fault

JohnR
12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by bassmaster
john its your fault

For being too light on you Plug Queen :rolleyes: :D

MAC
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
For being too light on you Plug Queen :rolleyes: :D

I wish I knew how to run this Photoshop better than I do. I'd post a pic. :D

chris L
12-16-2004, 01:49 PM
:wavey:

DZ
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Mac,
Is this who John is talking about:

Priscella: Queen of the Cape

MAC
12-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Something like that But I would have put BM's mug in there:laughs:

Tagger
12-16-2004, 05:22 PM
:hihi: plug queen :laugha:

bassmaster
12-16-2004, 06:14 PM
be carefull the queen will slap the %$%$%$%$ out of you

MAC
12-16-2004, 06:18 PM
be carefull the queen will slap the %$%$%$%$ out of you

:laughs: Thanks for the laugh. It is good to laugh once in a while. Better bring a big lunch. :laughs:

bassmaster
12-16-2004, 06:31 PM
why do i need lunch is there going to be a line?

MAC
12-16-2004, 06:39 PM
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

BigFish
12-16-2004, 07:32 PM
You come to see me bring a step-ladder....:laughs:...four friends and some bandages!:smash: You gonna get carried out and your leavin' your plugs with me!:D

bassmaster
12-16-2004, 07:48 PM
awsome Jerrys kids aginst the pants man:laughs:

BigFish
12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
;) :D

Backbeach Jake
12-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Ahem. Flap you're gonna miss all this goofy thread hijacking and digression. I'm gonna miss the rest of my education in the surf. I've fished the salt of Cape Cod for over 40 years and have learned more in the last four than the first thirty-six. About 75% of this new-found knowledge has been from you. Get back here , you're not done with me.
As for the rest of you, go ahead , duke it out. When the dust clears , I'll just sweep up all the plugs, tip my hat , and go home.
:smash: :laughs:

Tagger
12-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Your Pissa Fred ......Get back here Flap !!!!! You can't quit !!!

NIB
12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
awsome Jerrys kids aginst the pants man:laughs:

Thats funny.

bassmaster
12-16-2004, 09:27 PM
tadpole!
tagger I like you and think your a great guy btw

Karl F
12-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Backbeach Jake
Ahem. Flap you're gonna miss all this goofy thread hijacking and digression.

Hi-Jackin', :huh: thread digression :huh:
in here:confused: NO WAY :eek: :eek:

Who the hell is Flap, anyway? :huh:

;) ;) ;)

:laughs:

Tagger
12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
tadpole!
tagger I like you and think your a great guy btw
Your not so bad yourself silly pants ..:love:

Nebe
12-16-2004, 09:44 PM
be careful tagger... be very careful.... BM works his love in mysterious ways :hihi:

Tagger
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
He left me alone in P Town ... then again Salty was there ,,..:humpty:

bassmaster
12-16-2004, 10:22 PM
tagger i want to mount u

NEXT2NUN
12-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Are we there yet:wavey: :wavey:

CANAL RAT
12-18-2004, 03:56 PM
i am 16yrs old and have seen cheerleaders act better than you guys. fighting over some silly plugs come on you guys!!!

Tagger
12-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by CANAL RAT
i am 16yrs old and have seen cheerleaders act better than you guys. fighting over some silly plugs come on you guys!!!
yea...your right,,I remember we used to fight over cheerleaders ....now plugs,,,I'm so ashamed ..Time to grow up ?
NNNnaaaAAaaaaa

tynan19
12-18-2004, 04:38 PM
I hear cheerleaders get drunk nowaday's before games. Do you think it would be any easier?