View Full Version : Looking for a glue syringe

steelhead
12-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm looking for a syringe that I can use to inject glue down into the screw holes I'm drilling. Any thoughts?

Pete F.
12-15-2004, 02:15 PM
This is'nt a joke, know any diabetics?

justplugit
12-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I know i've seen some in the paint or glue depts in Ace hardware.

Striperknight
12-15-2004, 02:31 PM
I found small ones in the rod building section of my tackle shop.

The Dad Fisherman
12-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Try a Cajun Meat Marinade Injector

steelhead
12-15-2004, 02:33 PM
I know it sounds weird... Its an esthetic thing... (more weird)...

Right now, I countersink a hole, dip the screw in epoxy and screw it in... But I don't like the way it looks when it's done. So what I'm looking for is a way to get the glue inside the hole before I put the screw in... Then I end up with a nice tidy finished look, and hopefully still a strong glue and screw connection...

striperman36
12-15-2004, 03:29 PM
West System has syringes for epoxy injection. Try West Marine or another marine supplier that carries West System products

807 Syringes
Reusable syringes that can be loaded with epoxy mixture for injecting into tight spots. Ideal for hardware bonding and plywood repairs. Holds about 0.5 fl. oz.

steelhead
12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
All these suggestoins sound promising!!!!

FlukinUki
12-15-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is with dipping the screw eye into epoxy and screwing it in? Are you getting epoxy squeezing out onto the plug body? Im not sure how a syringe is going to help you. Trying to squirt epoxy or glue into a closed ended hole will be difficult because of the air thats going to be trapped. I would think it would be better to just do what your doing. If its the countersinked area your trying to fill you could try mixing some West Systems Micro-fiber into the epoxy. Micro fiber is a very tiny powder that will thicken and strengthen the epoxy. The more you add the thicker the epoxy gets. Its good for filling holes.

Just my 2 cents.