View Full Version : Clement to Sox!

FishWebb
12-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Good move... but we really could use another starter. Maybe Sheets once the Brewers are out of contention later this year. And we have to hope that Johnson stays in Arizona!

Mike P
12-18-2004, 07:11 PM
The season really starts in October. Not April. The Sox will win the wild card, even if the Yankees win the division. The Yankees don't intimidate the Sox any more. Johnson can't pitch every game in the playoffs ya know ;)

BTW--would you care to take a guess at the Unit's career postseason record? Try 7-8 with a 3.08 ERA. Sandy Koufax's record, it ain't :D

Mussina's on the down side of his career. Pavano's career W-L is one game over .500 and he was 18-8 last year. Wright may not last the season in one piece. Who the hell should be scared of Kevin Brown at this stage of his career?

The Yankees also have defensive holes on the right side of the infield, and in left and center field. Maybe some other free agent signings (Beltran, Delgado) will rectify that, but right now, they are not a good defensive team except in right field and at short.

The Sox seem to have solved Mariano Rivera, and my suspicions are that it won't be long before the rest of the AL catches up to them. He's reed thin, and his arm has a lot of mileage on it. If you look at all the rest of the great relievers, when they go south, they go in a hurry.

You don't win the WS in the offseason, or even by going 110-52 in the regular season.

Ed B
12-20-2004, 03:39 PM
It seems like Clement got a lot of money for a fairly mediocre performance record. I unfortunatley don't follow the NL that close so I can't say I've seen all this "potential" that he has, but from looking at his stats...I just could't see it.

Slipknot
12-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Not only does he know his stuff when it comes to fishing equipment and techniques, but he knows his sports :D
You continue to amaze me Mike.
Instead of losing brain cells back in the day, I think you grew more;)

I thought Clement was a starter?:confused:

crashfromamesbury
12-20-2004, 04:09 PM
you will be surprised.. you put a team with better defense than the cubs, and a team that hits better.. and clement will do fine..
he has a great fastball, and having schilling around to mentor him won't hurt either.. he will do fine as the 3rd pitcher..

the yankees are making them selves older by adding rj.. his back can't hold up forever... pitching in yankee stadium is more stressfful than pitching in arizona..