View Full Version : Spanked!!

afterhours
12-21-2004, 07:24 AM
patriots looked terrrrrible! if they play like this again, they won't beat anybody. they came out strong on both sides of ball and figured the game would be easy, someone forgot to tell the fins. they were out coached and out played in this one. i thought they were too good for a trap game, guess not. anyone notice that belichick had his hands on his head all night long:confused: sure hope that this serves as a wakeup call!!! go patriots!!! VF ?

BigFish
12-21-2004, 07:54 AM
1. Hey, at least they didn't lose by "2" points! :rolleyes:

2. The Dolphins got "lucky"!:laughs:

3. What can I tell you, the Patriots are a giving team and after all....it is Christmas time! :huh:

4. The Pats were just being a good example for kids and giving to those less fortunate!:smash:

5. Ouch!:eek:

6. Never mind the game, did you see that stacked blonde in the stands?:doh:

7. Brady had the flu!;)

Bigcat
12-21-2004, 08:38 AM
What a stinker,I hope they get it together because they have looked bad even in winning:confused:

The Dad Fisherman
12-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by afterhours
patriots looked terrrrrible! if they play like this again, they won't beat anybody. they came out strong on both sides of ball and figured the game would be easy, someone forgot to tell the fins. they were out coached and out played in this one. i thought they were too good for a trap game, guess not. anyone notice that belichick had his hands on his head all night long:confused: sure hope that this serves as a wakeup call!!! go patriots!!! VF ?

Because I'm a glass 1/2 full guy I don't think they we're Out-Coached or Out-Played. They had an 11 point lead in the 4th qtr. ......They just REALLY sucked in the last 5 minutes of the game. Their secondary stopped looking for the balll and just kept flailing there arms like they were hailing a cab, and I didn't know we re-signed Bledsoe because that toss up in the air was something he would do. :rolleyes:

You are right though if they Play like that again its going to be a mighty quick play-off appearance.

BigFish
12-21-2004, 09:21 AM
I don't look good in Steeler colors......makes me look heavy!:laughs:

hooked
12-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by The Dad Fisherman
I didn't know we re-signed Bledsoe :rolleyes:

That's the first thing that went through my mind! :smash: Not many Montana comparisons after those picks.

This became a bye week... Bye homefield advantage, bye first round bye. :wave:

Vectorfisher
12-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Hmm did I see Brady threw 4 picks??? I havent seen Ben throw 4 picks all season in a game, GREAT LOSS GUYS:laughs: :laughs:

afterhours
12-21-2004, 05:51 PM
VF- do you really think that ben is a better qb than brady?

Vectorfisher
12-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Maybe not this year but I bet he progresses and matures into a better QB than Brady, he already has almost identical numbers as Brady as a ROOKIE and plays for a team that likes to run the ball down your throat all day if possible, his numbers say alot;)

afterhours
12-21-2004, 05:57 PM
he's having a real good rookie season, gotta give him that.

Raider Ronnie
12-21-2004, 06:21 PM
VF- do you really think that ben is a better qb than brady?

I do!!!
Put Brady on a very bad team and lets see what kind of quarterback he is!!!

afterhours
12-21-2004, 07:00 PM
yea, like put ben on the faiders and see what you get:D

Raider Ronnie
12-21-2004, 07:08 PM
yea, like put ben on the faiders and see what you get:D

I'de take him over %$%$%$%$%$ Collins in a second!!!
But, I would pass on Brady!

P.S. Is it necessary to use these STUPID names like faiders & kneelers?
I have NOT used STUPID names for the Pats!!!:smash: :smash:

afterhours
12-21-2004, 07:09 PM
yes.

fishaholic18
12-21-2004, 08:14 PM
That was a well needed wake up call. Pats run the table now right to the SB!

Vectorfisher
12-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Fish your boys need to get past the JETS your getting way ahead of yourself:smash: They could end up being a wild card and having to play on the road:eek:

afterhours
12-21-2004, 09:14 PM
been there, done that:)

Vectorfisher
12-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Yes but it is a different time of the season now and the JETS really need to win and the Pats have not been playing well against good defensive teams and have been allowing lots of yards on defense I would be worried;)

Mike P
12-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
Fish your boys need to get past the JETS your getting way ahead of yourself:smash: They could end up being a wild card and having to play on the road:eek:

Wrong. They've already clinched the AFC East, as the Jets can't finish any better than 12-4 and the Pats can't finish any worse than 12-4, and the Pats own the tiebreaker (record vs common opponents, in the case of a tie between NE and the Jets for the division). As a division winner, you're guaranteed to open the playoffs at home.

The Pats are simply NOT going to lose to the 49ers at Foxboro in their last game, no matter what happens next week with the Jets. The 49ers and the Bears are the two worst teams in the NFL presently. They are almost guaranteed to be the #2 seed if they finish 13-3. Since the Chargers and Colts are both 11-3 right now, and they play each other next week, both can't finish 13-3. If by some miracle SD beats the Colts in Indy, they could be the #2 seed because only two of their losses would be in the AFC. But if Indy and the Pats both finish 13-3, the Pats get the #2 seed on beating the Colts head to head.

Codfather4
12-21-2004, 09:45 PM
I love how everyone says brady stinks because he threw four interceptions in a regular season game. I believe joe montana has done that in his career too.:smash:

Raider Ronnie
12-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Codfather4
I love how everyone says brady stinks because he threw four interceptions in a regular season game. I believe joe montana has done that in his career too.:smash:

In my opinion, Joe Montana was WAY overated also!!!
Great team around him , & the NFC west sucked!!!
Some guys just come into the league at the right time, to the right team and to the right situation!!!
While others much more talented end up un lousy teams their whole career, as in Dan Fouts, Jim Hart, Archie Manning, ect....
Even Jim Plunket with the Pats at first!!!
:laughs: