View Full Version : Over Loaded

ROCFISH
12-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Dumb Question?
Perhaps one of you old timers can advise this newbie.
I've been painten up some old plugs, buying plastic and wood blanks and gettin the bug. Even Dremeled a few brush handles into bodies.
Since I was short of belly weights I decided to try porin into a NJ Tackle blank. Anyway the lead travelled thru the wire hole and really loaded the blank. Fortunatly I had a wire inside and was able to save the thru hole. I also drilled the lead out of the swivel hole.
However this plug is still overloaded, and sinks like a rock in linseed oil. I wondering if it can be salvaged or should I chuck it.
I was thinking it might be good for trolling or ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g into a strong wind.
Any Advice?
Dan :confused:

reelecstasy
12-21-2004, 11:27 AM
I have a bunch of stacked papers that keep blowing off my desk...:laughs:

j/k

Pete F.
12-21-2004, 12:32 PM
I am assuming it's either a needle or a swimmer. I'd cut the front off square and just hang a siwash hook off the back. When the blues are busting, wail it out there, hold your rod high, reel as fast as you can, and watch the show.:D
I'm an expert at bluefish plugs.:smash:

ROCFISH
12-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Its a swimmer. Guess not a surface swimmer anymore.
I'm hoping it'll swim deep, rather than drag bottom. Come to think of it I've caught plenty of bass on bucktails and tins and it should have some bouyancy. I'm thinking it may have a place in my bag afterall.
Dan;)

Charleston
12-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Hang it on the wall as a reminder "Don't do this again!"

Tagger
12-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Fish it .. nothing wrong with a plug that goes to the bottom ..Some people do that on purpose ..even a popper .:D

Diamond Tackle
12-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Rocfish
chuck it
ill replace it, no problemo
& ill send u some of new belly wts to play with too
email me at njtackle !!!
happy holidays !!