View Full Version : A Halibut in flight

5/0
12-23-2004, 12:21 AM
My cousin in California sent me an email in regards to fishing the waters of Alaska, he goes twice a year and targets Halibut.
They went out and fished the Bering Strait they had a good day and caught lot’s of fish on the way back to the dock’s the mates cut up & fillet the fish. Well while they were doing this my cousin busted out his Camera and took some PICS while they were doing this. These mates were fast and good, well when they were done with the carcass they would toss it back to the ocean & let Gulls take it or the bottom dwellers have there way with it.

Anyways he (my Cousin) was snapping Photos’ and got this one in mid flight. It was a cool shot & thought I share.

Man I would love to fish Alaska!!!!!!!!

5/0

striperjerk1
12-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Thats a great shot 5/0. thank your cousin for me.

TunaCell
12-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Great pic :kewl: and between the halibut and salmon I would love to fish Alaska, I'll get arround to it someday . . .

S-Journey
12-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Beware, if you go out to Alaska and fish you might never want to come home:D

Nebe
12-23-2004, 10:28 AM
i have family out there and the fishing is a blast... everything out there is HUGE... the trees are huge, the beaches are huge, the birds are huge, the tackle you use is huge... Its fun to fish out there, and I'm going agian in June, but i wouldnt trade RI striper fishing for anything-

partsjay
12-23-2004, 10:48 AM
great pic.....i would love to go after some of those huge halibut.:D

TunaCell
12-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by S-Journey
Beware, if you go out to Alaska and fish you might never want to come home:D

Too cold to stay, but if I ever fished Costa Rica you mind as well wave goodbye to me.

Christian
12-23-2004, 12:11 PM
haha, thats awsome. sell it to cabelas.

tynan19
12-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Looked like a beautifull day and nice and flat. Someday I will go. I would love to fly in on a float plane to a rustic lodge. Fish for Salmon one day and take to the ocean for Halibut the next.

BigBo
12-23-2004, 02:06 PM
My sister lives out there. I'm going for a visit and fishing trip this coming year.:D

5/0
12-23-2004, 03:11 PM
I would love to stay and check it out I weclome the outdoors,more than you know.
My sister in CA.here long time boy friend has a TON of Acre's up there and is building a Hunting/Fishing lodge,I almost went up there two years ago to help out in the framing of the Main lodge.
I should be getting some PICS on the place & when I do I'll gladly post them.

Christian I too noticed the the mate was wearing that hat, I should send it along to them.Cabelas is awesome they have just about everything under the sun in there Catalogs,I wish that they would build one here already!!!!!!

Happy Holiday's to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )

5/0

hooked
12-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I spent a month in Alaska many years ago. My dad was a teacher in a village north of Bristol Bay. It was awesome. Salmon, trout, bears, mosquitos. Everything was huge.

Most of the time was spent in the b-u-s-h but visited Dillingham for a couple days for a taste of civilization.

Caught a lot of big fish. I'd love to get back up there someday.