View Full Version : duplicator

jomlt9@AOL.COM
12-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Ihave a delta mini lathe been spinning wood for 6 months now made a nice swimmer and popper that work well and want to duplicate them can anyone out the tell me how i find a duplicator that will work for my delta they dont make one for the mini through delta i hear of a vega but dont know were to find it please help thanks

MAC
12-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Penn State industries or Parkard woodworks, You want the vega midi duplicator. You can mount it on the backside of the lathe if you want by turning the cutter upside down. I used one of these set up that way for a year and a half and it worked great.

afterhours
12-26-2004, 08:04 AM
vega midi:kewl:

Charleston
12-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Mac;
Why mount it on the backside? I assume this would be to allow manual turning using the tool rest in front?????
Great idea! How difficult is it to operate backwards? or do you walk behind the lathe? My bench is against the wall :af:

LinesidesontheFly
12-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi Bill! Hope you had a great x-mass.

Nebe
12-26-2004, 11:25 AM
I have the other duplicator that Pennstate industries sells and i dont like it very much.. it takes about 15 minutes to spin a plug with it and when i'm doing it freehand I can spin a plug in about 4.
if I want to make 10 plugs, well you do the math :smash:

BigFish
12-26-2004, 01:03 PM
I bought MAC's old set-up...have not had a chance to use it yet but am looking forward to it.....soon!:D

MAC
12-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sea-5
Mac;
Why mount it on the backside? I assume this would be to allow manual turning using the tool rest in front?????
Great idea! How difficult is it to operate backwards? or do you walk behind the lathe? My bench is against the wall :af:

correct, once set up it doesn't have to be removed

Charleston
12-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks Mac! I'll give it a try once I set up the new lathe. All these tools, all this money...WTF :confused: How many plugs does one guy need??????:smash: :laughs: :happy:

Larry, send me a plug so I can duplicate it..:cool:

Nebe
12-26-2004, 02:50 PM
How many plugs does one guy need??????:smash: :laughs: :happy:

Thats an easy one... the more the better..:laughs:

H'Islander
12-26-2004, 03:00 PM
How many plugs does one guy need??????:

...At least one more, always....