View Full Version : how do I do this

mrmacey
12-29-2004, 01:01 PM
SYMPTOMS
When you try to play a sound (.wav) file, you may receive the following error message:

Sound Recorder cannot record or play back because a sound device is not installed. To install a sound device, click 'Add New Hardware' in Control Panel.

CAUSE
This problem can occur if the "drivers=MMSYSTEM.DLL" entry is missing from the [boot] section of the System.ini file.

RESOLUTION
Add the following line to the [boot] section of the System.ini file: drivers=MMSYSTEM.DLL

If the line is present but has a semicolon

RockLobsta
12-31-2004, 07:46 AM
MM

I would remove the sound card then readd it first. if its built in remove it from the device manager then reboot the computer. make sure you have current drivers available......

mrmacey
12-31-2004, 09:26 AM
ad-aware deleted everything then that happened I shut the computer off and on and it came back

Thanks for the help though.

Hows stephano I havnt heard from him in awhile tell him I said Happy Holidays and to you and yours too.
Mike

RockLobsta
12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
-glad your all set......

Happy New Year to you and yours as well......Hope the business goes well this year!!!

Stephano is well.....he has not been traveling as much of late. I'll tell him you said hello........

Best to you!!