View Full Version : kill your TV

thefishingfreak
12-30-2004, 12:21 PM
i can't watch anymore:smash:
i come home to eat lunch. all i see on tv is dead bodies everywhere.
dead babies piled up with mothers seaching for there children. people getting washed away. my 8 month pregnant wife is crying on the couch.
does the news really have to show this crap?????
i know this is a major disaster but i'm putting my head in the sand.
sick and tired of the footage.
newspapers too, especially the herald:smash:

eff'n news break during barney shows this crap too:smash:
what do i tell my 2 year old?

Flaptail
12-30-2004, 01:48 PM
That this is life and sometimes bad things happen. That's what I used to tell mine when they were that young.:(

BigFish
12-30-2004, 03:10 PM
I agree Mike that sometimes...most of the time, its overkill, but try to teach your children at times like this the most important thing you can teach them.....compassion for those in need.;)

MrsSFrances
12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
TV whats that?? i dont get to watch it much anymore...but freak i know what you are saying...i maybe watch the 11pm news and alls i have seen was the footage on the snuami that hit...i must say what a terrible thing...very sad, and my heart goes out to the families...i however did see some happy news about a little boy being reunited with his father (they where from sweden) sad is that they are still searching for the mother...

i was 7 months pregnant with our son when 9-11 happened...i cried everytime i watched the news...another horrible tragidy...my kids do not get subjected to the news, they are in bed by 8 and usually the TV is off, we do activities....or watch a kids movie...

you cant hide the fact of life from your children...and its sad...our news is riddled with murders and people setting other on fire, shootings and nothing ever good...its truely depressing...

i am so glad we are moving out of this state...not saying that crime will end, but this area is really a crap hole...too much violence...plus the schools around here SUCK! i cant wait to get to rhode island....:)

yep and in all that tv sucks anymore....