View Full Version : 2005 Florida Trip

Chris in Mass
12-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Family will be down in Florida in the June 05 timframe - Disney/Universal thing. But we are aslo looking to spend about three nights on the beach. Right now we are targeting Vero or Clearwater.

Would like to take the family (wife, 2 boys - 8/9 yrs) on a half day fishing charter and clueless as to the best way to set this up.

Any suggetions as to which location would be better for fishing? What species should the family target? Any ideas as to who to contact?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

pete santini
12-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Definatley go to vero beach And go into the wabasso bait and tackle shop the owner named terry parsons is a good guy he knows me and i've taken 25 different kinds of fish with him fishing in the banana river he has a flats style boat and can take up to 3 anglers . If you go to disney theres unreel largemouth bass fishing in 7 seas lagoon but you have to charter a pontoon boat up to 5 people about 190$ for 2 hrs the'll fish with shiners and the bass will go up to 8 lbs. hope this helps santini

tattoobob
12-31-2004, 10:52 PM
sebastian inlet is one of the best fishing on the east coast
there is a bait shop on a1a and the guy is from jersey
he has a very large striper mounted on the wall of his shop
the shop is in sebastian i don't know the name of the place
you may want to try a google search and cold call some places

bob

pete santini
01-01-2005, 01:22 PM
the guy from jersey is terry parsons at the wabasso bait shop .

Chris in Mass
01-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys, this gives me some trusted leads for the east coast! :)

Anyone have a Gulf Coast contact (Clearwater area)?

Thanks again, Chris

schoolie monster
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I can only add an east coast contact. I go out with Cpt. Tod Hagan in the Sebastian Area (info at www.fishingcaptain.com). Tod is a super nice guy and a hard working guide.

June should have good tarpon fishing in that area to go along with redfish, trout, snook and there are always jacks and ladyfish, etc. all over the place, so there are good kid fishing options.

No matter who/where you fish, try to do a weekday if you can. Everyone has a boat down there, so weekends are brutal.

Slingah
01-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Capt. George LaBonte
www.edgesportfishing.com
he is out of Jupiter...you wont be dissapointed....also a member here...and all around good fella:D

Duke41
02-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Todd Hagan is a piece of %$%$%$%$. He canceled the trip I booked 2 months ago so he could go on a field trip with his daughter. He said he was going to rebook with some other %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ but I never heard back from him. The trip was booked for next Monday and I have two friends that booked flights into Melbourne to go fishing as part of thier family vacations. Avoid this loser at all costs.:af: :af: :af: :af: