View Full Version : HAB'S 2004 Angler of the Year

JHABS
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm happy to announce the winners of the 3rd annual HAB'S ANGLER OF THE YEAR AWARDS for the Largest Striped Bass.

First place goes to Tony Chiarappo. 47 lbs on a 1 1/4 oz. Sand Eel Needlefish. Winner of a Hab's jacket, hat and a 40 inch Hab's Needlefish.

Second place goes to Jim Sylvester. 45 lbs on a 2 oz Needlefish. Winner of an assortment of Hab's Needlefish plugs.

Third place goes to Tony Chiarappo. 43.2 lbs on a 12 inch Needlefish. Winner of an assortment of Hab's Needlefish plugs.

This contest consists of catching a Striped Bass on a Hab's Needlefish. The fish must be weighed on a certified scale at a bait shop and witnessed.

I'd like to thank all who participated and would like to Thank all those who have been Supporters through the Years.

At this time I would also like to welcome my son John Jr. to the company. He will be a valuable asset to me. He is a third year graphic art student and his expertise will prove invaluable to my company.

HAPPY NEW YEAR....... and we'll be back out there catching the Big One before you know it.

riverrat2
12-31-2004, 10:15 AM
Mr.Chirappo is a machine. I hope I can fish as hard and as much as he does at that age.

Crafty Angler
12-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Congrats to the winners :kewl:

And BIG congratulations on the addition of John Jr to the company, Habs!

For those of you who don't know John Jr., he's an extremely talented artist - best of luck to him in his new undertaking!

Happy New Year - every day is one day closer :hee:

redlite
12-31-2004, 10:46 AM
Congrats to the "Beast of the Beach".
The best and hardest working surf fisherman that I have ever had the honor of fishing with.
Like the thread that is on here about "WHat it Takes". Mr. C is the definition.

Back Beach
12-31-2004, 11:31 AM
T.C. has absolutely no peers, never has, and never will. I don't think anyone will ever duplicate his success or even come close to it. At 67, the man is a legend indeed. He is likely walking the soft sand right now building up the legs for next season.

Karl F
12-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Congrats to TC and Jim S.
Yep TC is the definition of what it takes.
Congrats to Both Mr. Habs, sounds like a great addition for both of you.

Bliz
12-31-2004, 12:24 PM
Happy New Years John!...

Keep up the great work!

Bliz :)

Backbeach Jake
12-31-2004, 02:57 PM
:claps: Congrats and Happy New Year! John, did you say 40 inch Needlefish?!!:eek:

justplugit
12-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by JHABS

This contest consists of catching a Striped Bass on a Hab's Needlefish. The fish must be weighed on a certified scale at a bait shop and witnessed.

Hey John,how about the catch and release guys :huh:Ya could be sued for discrimination:laughs: :D

Cogratulations to the winners,those are some nice size fish:)

Congratulations to your son being added to the staff:btu:

Bernzy
12-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Congrats to the winners!!!!!

Great plugs + good fishermen = success

Bernzy

JHABS
01-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Tonys is as Hard Core as it gets, He is a Book of Knowledge, He's is also in The 50 lber on a Hab's Needlefish Club.

Slipknot
01-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Congrats to all of you. :btu: Tony C is a master surfcaster who knows his stuff, I say good for him :D
Good luck with John jr.
You build a fine needlefish Hab, keep up the good work.

Vermonter
01-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Congrats to all the winners....as well as to John Jr(and his proud dad Im sure), nice to know the company will be in family hands turning out a great product for years to come.

ThrowingTimber
01-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Congrats to the winners! :D

Also congrats to John Jr.! :btu:

JohnR
01-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Tony + someone I want to meet :btu:

Johnny Jr - you have another chance to be better than your dad (he's a better angler :laughs: )... Smoother with the ladies, drives a cooler truck :laughs:

Seriously - Good luck!

Mr. Sandman
01-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Great prize....a 40 inch needlefish! wow! talk about a collectable!! I am thinking of weighing a few fish next season instead of releasing.:D

Without question Habs needles are an absolute must-have in every surf bag. If you don't think so, you've never fished them.

piemma
01-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Tony C. Also known as "The Legend" among the oldtimers at Thundermist. At least that's what Lanny told me.

reelecstasy
01-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by JHABS
Winner of a Hab's jacket, hat and a 40 inch Hab's Needlefish.

:eek: Wow...A Habs Bassball bat...sweeeet

Congrats.....:cool: